Author Topic: Bittersweet final trip  (Read 269 times)

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
Bittersweet final trip
« on: 05/03/18 10:17 UTC »
Well, I knew this day was coming for a while now and it finally got here on Monday.  Monday was the last time I would be taking my friend Josh fishing with me as he moves out West to pursue his goal of becoming a CRNA and won't make it back to Alabama for at least 2.5 years.  It was only fitting that our last trip be a good one and it was.  We found a few scattered fish in the morning chasing shad but that bite quickly faded once the sun got up.  We moved out to the main river and found a huge school of spotted bass on a current break which was essentially a big flat with stumps and chunk rock.  We caught fish up on the flat throwing around squarebills and then moved off and targeted some suspended fish in 13-18 feet of water with drop shot and loaded the boat.  The kicker, at least for me, was that the cranks, worms and drop shot weights were all made by me.  We probably caught in excess of 30 fish in 2-3 hours and just had an absolute blast.  I will miss these days for sure, but it is a trip I won't soon forget.

Offline Slow Burn

• Kicker
Re: Bittersweet final trip
« Reply #1 on: 05/03/18 10:34 UTC »
Sounds like a great trip
Find a spot on the South Shoreline

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/03/18 16:13 UTC »
It’s always fun when it on stuff you made. Glade you had a great outing.

Offline brandx112679

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 05/03/18 19:19 UTC »

Looks like a great fishing trip, especially with a good friend. This is something that can never be taken away from you, or him. Always glad to see other people having fun in the great outdoors.
 Catching fish on baits you made yourself, always makes it sweeter.

Nice catch

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/03/18 21:20 UTC »
Outstanding, Josh will surely not forget this season either. Good luck out there Josh. Way to go Bassinfool, what a great send off!

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/04/18 07:21 UTC »
Family and friends are the hardest to let go of and watch as they embark on a life mission. Pets are about the same when they have to leave. They're never really gone though if you don't forget them. And instead of saying "goodbye", say "until we meet again".

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/04/18 11:18 UTC »
Thanks everyone for the kind words.  It sucks, but so it goes in life.  I'm in grad school as well, finish up in about 2 more years so I may not have a lot of free time for fishing anyways  :'(

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 05/04/18 14:40 UTC »
Good for you on the grad school bud! Stick with it....fishing is always secondary.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 05/04/18 16:20 UTC »
I'm still pretty young, mid 20's, I would still like to continue honing my skills on the water and try my hand at fishing something like the BASS Open or FLW Costa series.  Fishing as a professional has always been a dream of mine and if I can one day give it a shot I am definitely going to try.  Grad school is probably my only opportunity to get a job to earn the amount of money that would make that possible. 

Pretty sure that isn't what grad school is for or what anyone else's end goal is when they decide to take on grad school but hey, I have an addiction!  :D

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 05/04/18 18:51 UTC »
Your parents ought to be proud that you have this addiction! Much better than the alternative. Hell, I'm proud of you and we've never met!