Author Topic: One good BBQ sauce  (Read 306 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
One good BBQ sauce
« on: 05/17/18 18:07 UTC »
Very easy to make, this one. And it does grilled chicken wings great. Pretty darned good on grilled pineapple wedges too. It has a little heat but very easy to eat. I did the wings and fruit tonight for dinner along with freshly cut and broiled asparagus basted with olive oil and sprinkled with lemon pepper. Dinner was dynamite and included freshly cut and broiled asparagus brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with lemon pepper.!

3 - 6 ounce cans of pineapple juice
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup of Ketchup
2 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger
4 cloves of garlic put thru a press
2 teaspoons of garlic chili paste or sauce....this is the heat. You can add more for more heat or use sweet chili garlic sauce to get rid of the hot

Either some pork chops or a rack of ribs is the next target.

Combine everything in a sauce pan and simmer, stirring frequently, until this is reduced to about a cup.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: One good BBQ sauce
« Reply #1 on: 05/17/18 22:51 UTC »
Sounds mighty taste Tom I’ll have to try that one

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/18/18 18:52 UTC »
I am going to give this a try in fact I have been thinking about tracking down a good homemade BBQ sauce recipe and one just happens to fall in my lap. The one my whole family likes is made in a town close to where my mom lives and is a very small family run company that Only sells in a few stores near where my mom lives. Since I only get out there every 4-6 months now we run out of stock before we can go visit. There is another brand I like but my wife hates it everything else store bought is not anything we like. Several years ago I found a recipe for a Carolina style mustard sauce that sounded really good. I went and bought the ingredients and made it. It smelled wonderful simmering on the stove but tasted awful it went in the trash real quick. Every so often my family reminds me of this flop so I have been wanting to give it a try again and redeem my self with a new sauce.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/18/18 19:06 UTC »
I lathered up a slab of ribs tonight using the sauce. My daughter stopped by. There are no left overs. We did a large pan of hash brown potatoes and fresh pineapple chunks. Ate it all in one sitting and that sauce was a huge hit again. I had some left after the wings yesterday but made a double batch again today and mixed yesterday's extra in with the new. Now I have enough left to do another slab or chops couple times....the stuff wears on ya. Sort of sweet with some heat that lasts only a couple seconds. Carole likes the short shot of heat. Its not full of smoke flavor like  so many sauces tend to be. Its got garlic but like the heat its there then gone. The ginger is the same way. Its good stuff. Hope all of you enjoy it Aaron.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/18/18 20:13 UTC »
Yummy

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/19/18 15:07 UTC »
I am going to give this a try in fact I have been thinking about tracking down a good homemade BBQ sauce recipe and one just happens to fall in my lap. The one my whole family likes is made in a town close to where my mom lives and is a very small family run company that Only sells in a few stores near where my mom lives. Since I only get out there every 4-6 months now we run out of stock before we can go visit. There is another brand I like but my wife hates it everything else store bought is not anything we like. Several years ago I found a recipe for a Carolina style mustard sauce that sounded really good. I went and bought the ingredients and made it. It smelled wonderful simmering on the stove but tasted awful it went in the trash real quick. Every so often my family reminds me of this flop so I have been wanting to give it a try again and redeem my self with a new sauce.

I do a fair bit of smoking meat and have come up with a ketchup based sauce that has become a real hit with my family and friends, including my wife who isn't a BBQ fan.  I also do a white bbq sauce which is unique to the Southern states, mostly Alabama and Mississippi.
My ketchup sauce is as follows and may be what you're looking for:
2 cups ketchup
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
1.5 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons dry ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
touch of cayenne pepper

Mix it all together in a sauce pan, bring to a simmer and let simmer for about 30 minutes until it thickens slightly.  If any of you are interested in the white sauce I'm more than happy to post it as well.