Author Topic: One here and there...  (Read 180 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
One here and there...
« on: 05/21/18 14:00 UTC »
Man, the crappies were helter skelter this morning. Nothing consistent whatsoever. Water temps were all over the place too....we found one area with an 8 degree difference by going around a corner and a dock. This sunfish was tucked back along a dock. Not a bad sunfish really....darned close to 10", if not.

Talking with others as we were loading up they all reported the same thing....sheephead. Lots of sheephead. No game fish, but plenty of sheephead. This lake never had sheephead until a few years ago. I caught one this morning. I also caught a pretty respectable channel cat too. That was fifteen minutes of interesting on my light line and tackle.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
Re: One here and there...
« Reply #1 on: 05/21/18 15:35 UTC »
  Last fall I bought the 2in thumper swim fry mold just to make some small baits when the grandkids go with me or just when I want to play around a little. Well last Saturday there was two bass tournaments going on so the wife and I went out just to be on the water. I went up to this one lay down that I always called it a musky tree because I've caught a lot of musky's off it. I couldn't make a cast without a small crappie grabbing that bait. It was non stop for an hour and the only reason they stopped biting was because I stopped fishing. My wife never fished, she just sat there and laughed at me catching fish after fish. Maybe had three go over ten inches. But it was fun and every once in a while you'd get a bluegill.
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/21/18 17:20 UTC »
The Thumper Fry is my best kept secret.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/21/18 18:14 UTC »
Nice gill Tom. Lamar sounds like a fun day. The bait’s really are a must have.

Online Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #4 on: 05/21/18 22:14 UTC »
Only sissies fish for crappies.  I'm surprised to see Lamar and Mike here...Tom-not so much.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/22/18 00:16 UTC »
Sure glade to hear from you Denny. And hope you and yours are doing well.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/22/18 06:49 UTC »
Only sissies fish for crappies.  I'm surprised to see Lamar and Mike here...Tom-not so much.

Well I did have my wife with me. And maybe the first time in ten years that I targeted them. And then only for an hour.
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 05/22/18 07:37 UTC »
Well I did have my wife with me. And maybe the first time in ten years that I targeted them. And then only for an hour.

Maybe there is hope for you Lamar. Denny, not so much.

How's it going stranger from the NW?