Author Topic: Gotta try this combo  (Read 182 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Gotta try this combo
« on: 05/27/18 09:38 UTC »
As a rule I like chartreuse tails on things, but this spring I have begun using more of the chartreuse as a back color in shad-like baits. I was doing some project stuff this morning trying to beat the 95 degrees forecast for today and had a couple cups of plastic still hot, one being chartreuse, so I heated up some re-melt  bluegill-clear and injected this 1 1/2" minnow bait with a forked tail using the chartreuse as the back color. The picture shows the baits belly up.

Half of these will go into a chartreuse favored jar of Gulp juice and the remaining will see a jig as is.

The chartreuse is Essential straight up from the bucket, stabilizer, uv enhancer, a couple drips of green x2, a few drops of Bears fluorescent gren and then finished with X2 chartreuse and a wad of blue hi lite. The clear is Essential, stabilizer, uv enhancer, and a mixture of equal parts of purple, green, blue and copper glitters along with two 2 inch pieces of purple cracker plastic.

There's plenty of flash in this combination and its easy on the eyes too. I'm thinking it'll get notice by the local crappizoids.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Gotta try this combo
« Reply #1 on: 05/27/18 10:28 UTC »
Sweet bait Tom. The fish will really chew them up.

Online DF

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/27/18 13:15 UTC »
Good looking color.

Offline Bass in the hood

• Kicker
    • Bass in the Hood
« Reply #3 on: 05/27/18 13:29 UTC »
great looking bait

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/27/18 14:04 UTC »
Those look amazing! Great work
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 05/27/18 15:53 UTC »
Wow nice work thats some really nice looking baits.