Author Topic: Been a touch warm here....  (Read 260 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Been a touch warm here....
« on: 05/27/18 19:33 UTC »
Most of the afternoon our thermometers, three different ones, have stayed right on 98 degrees for at least three hours. Right now at 92 it feels like winter....almost. The grass needs mowing but I'm not considering it with this heat. We've been in record heat territory for three days straight now. Carole doesn't do too well with extremes in either direction and while it can get uncomfortable at times I can generally handle the heat. I might be down to my skivvies but I can handle it most of the time.

I had a plastic project to do this morning and got right to it. Done by 9AM and completely soaked in sweat and that was with a high volume fan blowing right on me. I had a couple garden related things to tend to next. Carole was fiddling with her flower gardens and at about 11 we looked at each other and came inside. Tomorrow is more of the same then they are predicting rain on Tuesday, but after listening to the evening news regarding the tropical weather in the SE and the track it might take after landfall I'm not sure I'm good for rain. I can water things if needed.

Is it me or is it that the weather has gone completely off the map this year? I can see this heat in August here, but its still May. And hurricanes already? Look at Boston today.....6" of rain in a couple hours that's created all sorts of misery from flooding. Even without rain or high temps we have this "wind" that just doesn't give up. All day blows and then breezy all night. Then the un-ending winter we had. And blizzard after blizzard.

Our good buddy Denny in Northern California has had drought for several years back to back along with wild-fires quite near to him. Then they've had heavy rains on those barren hills that delivers flooding/mud-slides like we haven't seen it here. Its like the weather has gone bonkers all over North America. Whatever happened to those summers we had in the 1960's?

Online basscatlildave

• Kicker
Re: Been a touch warm here....
« Reply #1 on: 05/27/18 20:20 UTC »
Yea the weather has been crazy. We are hotter than normal even for us. We are waiting on Alberto now but it looks like it’s going more east of us but we’re still expecting 6-8 inches of rain.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 05/27/18 22:26 UTC »
I don’t want to think of the late summer temps are going to be or the storms that come with the high heat. Buckle up I think we’re in for a rough summer.
« Last Edit: 05/27/18 22:28 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 05/27/18 22:37 UTC »
How is it over your way Mike?

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 05/27/18 23:17 UTC »
Hot and humidity is throw the roof had a short shower today. If the heat keeps up I’ll have to turn the air on and it will be the earliest I’ve ever had to.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/28/18 03:36 UTC »
I am at my moms for the weekend it was 100 yesterday at her house next Saturday it is supposed to be 107. Glad I’ll be back home where it is only supposed to be 102. It’s going to be a brutal summer. I was cleaning out my closet earlier in the week and noticed all the navy, brown and black shirts I own with 2 gray and 3 white shirts and thought I really need some lighter colored shirts for summer. I have left the house this week twice in shorts. Normally I leave the house about twice a year in shorts. I almost wore them to work one day but decided I didn’t want to hear comments about my white bird legs. Austin who is normally as cold natured as 90 year old woman is complaining about how hot his cast is and ready for it to come off later this week.

Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 05/29/18 13:20 UTC »
Yesterday we had a ZERO percent chance of rain at 500PM news time. At about 8 we had 45 minutes of thunder/lightning like we have not had yet this year along with about 1/2" of welcomed rain. Today at the noon weather they forecast storms for between 4 and 7 PM, I'm listening to the thunder from one big cell just west of here....it sure looks like its migrating to the east and right over us. Man is that sky black.

Temps are tolerable almost today. 92 right now. 95 yesterday, so they say at the national weather service about 16 miles from here. Dew point right now is at 70 degrees....sort of like needing gills to breath. BUT. we do have a breeze, well, wind. And the sun is shining thru all the extra ozone.  And unless it hails like no tomorrow, I don't have to shovel any of this so its better than winter by a long shot.

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #7 on: 05/29/18 15:56 UTC »
They're calling for 96° today, 74 tomorrow , then low 90's for Friday.  Looks like an early summer.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 05/29/18 16:27 UTC »
  Oh suck it up butter cups. Been one of the worst winters in a long time and now a few hot days. Yesterday was 90 degrees here and we ( me and my  cross fit group across the country  ) did Murph https://www.crossfit.com/workout/2005/08/18#/comments And today went out and rode 25 miles on my bicycle as a recovery ride. It could be way worse. Get out and enjoy it.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 05/29/18 17:02 UTC »
I mowed our lawn and the portion of park land I do as a volunteer. Then I worked in the garden.

As mentioned earlier, we had a large cell to the west of us but it rotated right down on us. We picked up another 1/4" of rain in about a minute. Non-stop thunder again for an hour. Carole and I sat out in the lawn chairs and watched the electrical theatrics until the storm passed. 30 miles to the west of us has had continual storms for most of the day....the weather is coming from the SE instead of the usual SW and just missing us. Been black in the west for several hours.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 05/29/18 18:10 UTC »
92 and sun