Author Topic: Uv blast  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Darryl Keighley

• Minnow
Uv blast
« on: 04/28/18 19:50 UTC »
Hi i'm only just starting out and looking at uv blast should it be added before heating or doesn't matter when , and how much should be added to 200ml of plastisol or does that depend on the colour you are using ,  and does it affect a fluro colour in any way ? Thanks in advance Cheers Darryl

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Uv blast
« Reply #1 on: 04/28/18 22:14 UTC »
Welcome to the Do-It forums Darryl!

You'll want to add the uv blast to the raw plastic when you mix a batch. I haven't got a metric conversion handy to ounces but I use a small blob of the powder about the size of a regular paper-match head per 4 ounces. I add the uv enhancer to every batch of plastic I make regardless of the color.

I don't feel it does anything to better a fluorescent color. Both the fluorescent color and uv blast respond to the invisible uv portion of white light. Under a black light the uv enhanced, non-fluorescent, plastic will appear to glow about as bright as a fluorescent color without the enhancement. The difference is the fluorescent colors show their color while the uv blast is generally invisible to human sight but will show up as a blue-purple glow when exposed to black light.

You can tell when you've over-dosed the uv blast in plastic by the bluish tinge it will give the plastic. If you are seeing this cut back by about 1/2 of what you added that caused the plastic to "blue" and try again. Personally I think most people add too much. A little of this stuff goes a super long way.

Again.....welcome to the site. Enjoy!
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Darryl Keighley

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 04/28/18 22:46 UTC »
Thankyou so much for the information , answers all my questions and yes i have found that with colours and glitter a little does alot thankyou once again .Cheers Darryl

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 04/29/18 06:47 UTC »
Welcome to the forum Daryl. And I hope you get as much enjoyment out of making your own bait’s as I do.
« Last Edit: 05/19/18 07:42 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Darryl Keighley

• Minnow
« Reply #4 on: 05/01/18 06:16 UTC »
Thankyou i do very easy to get addicted to and great when you catch fish on your own creations !!

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 05/01/18 19:55 UTC »
Hello and Welcome Darryl!

Offline Darryl Keighley

• Minnow
« Reply #6 on: 05/06/18 19:57 UTC »
Thankyou !