Author Topic: Question about Bass Tackle molds  (Read 298 times)

Offline hokienator

• Minnow
Question about Bass Tackle molds
« on: 05/31/18 20:48 UTC »
Just curious if anyone has been able to use any of the bass tackle aluminum tip or tail molds and if they match up to any of the do it essential molds by chance?
I'm looking to speed up making different color tips on my 4 inch senkos, I make with the do-it essentials 4 inch senko molds.
Was wondering if the BT stick 4inch worm tip molds were a close match to the same length senko for the do-it molds.
Sorry I know its a bit of an odd question just wondering if it can be done or not before i consider buying the BT mold since I already have a bunch of do-it senko molds.
Heres an image of what I'm attempting to do with a little more ease.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Question about Bass Tackle molds
« Reply #1 on: 06/01/18 09:30 UTC »
Hokienator welcome to the forum. I don’t know if it will work because so many of BT sticks are thick or thin hope there is someone here that has tried that combination of mold makers.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/01/18 11:24 UTC »
Welcome aboard Hokienator.

If you're worried about plastic waste just shot the mold in some junk color and trim off the tail pieces, maybe cut them a tad long. Then put the runner with the cut baits back in the mold and shoot the tail colors and cutting them off to use in the mold with your finished bait color later. The Senko baits are pretty well balanced and it won't matter to the fish which end has the color. Actually I think the bait is the same at both ends so you could shoot your tail colors and trim off each end....two for the price of one sort'a.

I make a lot of tail colors and cut the tails off the baits a little long and store them for use later on. When I am ready to use a bunch I count them out and re-trim them to length to get the old cut off each piece and fresh plastic is at the weld. No problems ever and doing a mess of these ahead of time sure makes things run smoother when you are ready to do up a bunch of finished baits.

Offline hokienator

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 06/01/18 11:46 UTC »
I'm not bothered on waste since I just re melt the extra after I cut the tails I was just hoping to bypass that step all together to be able to make a dozen tails per injection since I noticed BT has BT stick worm tip molds that have 12 cavities pretty cheap but didnt know if they were a close match to the Senkos Do-It mold or not.  Just trying to speed the process up since most people want that style worm and right now it takes a bit longer to make the way I'm doing it now.

Online SteveJ

• Yearling
« Reply #4 on: 06/01/18 13:15 UTC »
Send an email to Sarah.
She is good people!

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/01/18 16:11 UTC »
 I don't know for sure but the odds of the two being the same is pretty slim. They all seem to have their own sizes.

Offline Walking Dead

• Kicker
« Reply #6 on: 06/02/18 06:50 UTC »
Hokie, sent PM.

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 06/02/18 08:07 UTC »
Hokienator, I am no help with the tail molds, but I have to comment on your creation. AWESOME!