Author Topic: Snakehead  (Read 164 times)

Online tom1441

• Kicker
Snakehead
« on: 06/04/18 17:15 UTC »
We have started to to see the snakehead in the Upper Chesapeake Bay. I haven’t got a chance to fish for them yet but I will get out soon for one.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Snakehead
« Reply #1 on: 06/04/18 18:01 UTC »
Let's try hard to keep them in your digs Tom. We don't need any here.

Online tom1441

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 06/05/18 06:52 UTC »
We don’t want them but years back someone dumped there fish tank pets in a pond. The rest is history. I don’t know if they ever found they people that started this mess, but they are everywhere in the bay from Virginia to the top of the Chesapeake and all feaders

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/05/18 07:12 UTC »
Sounds about like the big-head and silver carp so yak catfish farmers put in rearing ponds to try and control algae years back.....then floods cleaned the ponds out, catfish, carp and algae. Like-wise....the rest is history.

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 06/05/18 12:15 UTC »
Cast a plastic buzz frog right next to the bank and reel at back parallel to the bank as fast as humanly possible.  Then hang on.  I have heard they are quite tasty but have never tried one (but then again I heard the same thing about freshwater drum but I found the texture to be such a turnoff I couldn't eat them).  Hope to take a trip to south Florida in the future strictly to fish for snakeheads.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.