Author Topic: Pretty in pink.....  (Read 250 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Pretty in pink.....
« on: 06/09/18 09:55 UTC »
Here's a couple of crankbaits done in a super fluorescent Hot Pink with some cool transparent blue back and random shadowing. Each has a fluorescent Flame Orange throat patch. The final coat before the CS seal coat is a clear gloss loaded up with a 4-color , small particle color shifting pearl from www.Didspade.com called Flare that transitions from blue, to purple, to red and finally to a nice pink. Some of the blue can be seen in the picture as well as just a hint of red and pink on the undersides of these guys. I covered each bait completely using the color shift coat This particular color shift works super nice with the bait's colors and is nuts in light while rotating the bait in and out of light and shade.

Createx pearl paints made up the base and color coats for this. The base coat is white with white pearl. The Hot Pink is fluorescent hot pink mixed with a pink pearl and some extra white pearl, then cut with reducer to get it thin for the spray coats. There are 8 coats of the Hot Pink on each of these baits. Next came the throat color. Using the moss mentioned elsewhere I applied the blue to the sides then chased the back of the baits with a heavier dose of the blue. Then the top coat with the shifting pearl pigment was applied followed by two coats of CS.

The chunkier bait with the short bill is a 2 1/2" shallow diver. The other bait still needs some #8 hooks and is a re-claimed Walleye Diver I found swinging in a tree along the shores of the Mississippi River. The bill on this bait shows some wear and tear but its still functional so it got paint.

I think I'll take these over to our local trout lake to see what the rainbows and browns think of them.

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: Pretty in pink.....
« Reply #1 on: 06/09/18 11:31 UTC »
They sure are pretty, but will they catch fish? I'd have to put some chartruse on the belly.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/09/18 11:37 UTC »
I did these as a test color for some Lake Superior Coho and Looper baits. These fish love the pinks and oranges. Pink with an orange back is a great color as is the one shown. The same pink with a purple back gets noticed a lot. Lake Trout up there will respond to chartreuse but the Salmons aren't to responsive to anything having chartreuse except maybe a random blade being trolled. I want more of the hot pink and fire orange casting baits than I have and wanted to develop a pink before I started in on new bodies.

One of my better crank baits is a deep Shad Rap with a black back and a deep fire red/orange sides. Salmon smack these so hard that I have had to go up a couple weights in line poundage to stop snapping the baits off. I've also started using 100% fluorocarbon lines since they tend to be a bit tougher. Braids are too visible for casting so I can't always fish the way I would choose to.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/09/18 11:39 UTC »
They will catch fish Tom. I do a jig that’s all hot pink and the walleye’s love it.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 06/09/18 15:01 UTC »
Wow those look really nice Tom.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/09/18 17:07 UTC »
Tom those look fantastic as always. I’m ready to see what the success pictures of these to see what the fish think of those.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures