Author Topic: Mad Dad Craw Chunk  (Read 142 times)

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
Mad Dad Craw Chunk
« on: 06/09/18 14:41 UTC »
Ok guys just got the Mad Dad Craw Chunk and every time I try to  put together these I keep getting dents. I  have tried  hotter temperature with light pressure and hard pressure. I have tried cooler temperature with light pressure and hard pressure as well. I have tried from 350 degrees down to 300 degrees. I have tried injecting slow and very slow to fast. I have tried everything possible so anyone else have this problem ? I  hate  to bug Do It molds with this I just don't no what else to do here. I  understand denting like this is because of plastic cooling but I've kept good pressure on that my hands hurt even.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Mad Dad Craw Chunk
« Reply #1 on: 06/09/18 20:02 UTC »
How do they pour when the mold is warm or don’t it matter. I have some molds that I pre heat.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 06/09/18 22:05 UTC »
Yeah it doesn't matter unfortunately. I've tried everything still here trying to figure it out

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/09/18 22:52 UTC »
Doe the vent come out the feelers try one clamp on the end by the sprue.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 06/09/18 23:34 UTC »
Yeah I put one clamp by the sprue and tightened loose and then tried again with the clamp tightened down really good but still no go. This is really frustrating because was looking forward to this bait. Do you happen to own this mold?Thanks for the help.

Online DF

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/10/18 07:08 UTC »
 For stubborn dents I shoot just hot enough to get complete baits and loosen the clamps right after injecting to free up the gate so plastic can draw from the spru easier.

Offline Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #6 on: 06/10/18 15:20 UTC »
Thank you  DF I'm getting ready to try that right now I'll see what happens