Author Topic: Fireflies  (Read 100 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Fireflies
« on: 06/09/18 22:47 UTC »
Last Tuesday I noticed a couple fireflies at dusk. Just a couple. Its been so dry I think that they got held up. With rain here most of the day I see the park is lit right up tonight with them. Its always fun to just sit and watch these bugs. They don't hurt a thing and they seem so content to hang around and flash away. I look forward to them making their annual showing.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Fireflies
« Reply #1 on: 06/09/18 23:14 UTC »
There cool to see every year. To bad there not around very long.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/09/18 23:56 UTC »
I am glad to know I am not the only “adult” who still thinks seeing fireflies is cool. We ha e a couple that hang around our place and I still get excited when I see them. Where I grew up we never had fireflies and I don’t remember them being at my grandparents in Washington Star so when we went to Tennessee the summer before my 7th grade and I saw them everywhere it something that has stuck with me through the years. Man those things were everywhere in Tennessee, inside the hotel in packs even.

So far this summer I haven’t seen our neighborhood opossum or the sissortail fly catcher that used frequent the fence on the south side of yard. Never knew I’d miss seeing a opossum
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Porkrind

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 06/10/18 08:45 UTC »
I live just SE of Oklahoma City and the past few years they have had a light showing. However, this year we have had an amazing treat as they have shown up in mass due to the weather. It’s been relaxing watching them just hover around flashing at night.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 06/10/18 14:35 UTC »
Man all of a sudden the eastern side of the OKC metro is taking over the state of Minnesota on this forum for number of members
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline Porkrind

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 06/10/18 20:32 UTC »
Guess I didn’t notice that yet.