Author Topic: This was a great dinner  (Read 1245 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
This was a great dinner
« on: 06/21/18 18:48 UTC »
....grilled salmon and pineapple slices. Brushed the flesh side of a three pound fillet with olive oil and sprinkled it with lemon pepper. The fillet was slid onto a sheet  of foil skin side down and placed on the grill. Pineapple slices were put around the edges of the foil. The cover went on the grill and was left undisturbed for 18 minutes then the fish, pineapple and foil were all slipped off and onto a plate to serve. Using a spatula the fish came right off the skin. The pineapple sweetens up nicely when grilled like this and the browned edges are succulent.

Served with a big ol baked spud this was a dinner to die for. Maybe a little high in the calorie department but also high in omega three fatty acids to help fight the bad cholesterol. Actually grilled salmon is one of the healthiest fish one can eat and I can eat health like this several more times thanks to out little trek.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: This was a great dinner
« Reply #1 on: 06/21/18 20:02 UTC »
You make me hungry with that Tom.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: This was a great dinner
« Reply #2 on: 06/22/18 05:12 UTC »
That sounds great and I'll bet the pineapple would go good with walleye or northern! My wife loves salmon but with my bad back; I don't think I'll be going out on the great lakes in the future.