Author Topic: Still a bit rich...  (Read 550 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Still a bit rich...
« on: 06/24/18 10:31 UTC »
lol

I tried one of famous Dave's Ecore shots on this mold this morning using some re-melt chartreuse I make for paddletail tails. I thought it might be transparent enough for the orange to show thru but the thickness of the body proved me wrong. Held up to light you can see the core but its pretty tough to see beyond the tail portion.

I was hoping to get some core samples done for a friend but I think I need to round up some transparent chartreuse colorant even if its a bleeder. This bait is super with the core colors. I have done some clear/glitter bodies with fluorescent cores that are really decent but haven't any for a comparison picture. I may go do this with Party Crasher glitter/clear and do the chartreuse and the orange.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Still a bit rich...
« Reply #1 on: 06/24/18 11:04 UTC »
Ok....I used the chartreuse as the core/tail color using the Party Crasher/clear....big difference.

Online bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/24/18 13:56 UTC »
A chartreuse that bleeds may not be ideal, but you might end up with something that you really like.  I have a few baits that are laminates/tails that bleed and that slight bleed into the other color is sometimes really cool on some baits.  I do a green pumpkin with junebug purple tail on some sticks that bleeds slightly into the green pumpkin that looks really neat.  Almost like a gradient effect.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/24/18 14:37 UTC »
Man I like that party crashed and clear that looks super sharp
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 06/24/18 15:07 UTC »
Sure hope they come out with that one. Nice core

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 06/24/18 16:01 UTC »
Sure hope they come out with that one. Nice core

I'm sure happy I found it. lol

And PTL....you haven't seen what its like until you have it in your hands. The stuff is a zoo of color.