Author Topic: first picking....  (Read 127 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
first picking....
« on: 07/11/18 13:11 UTC »

The bushes are full of young beans so I'll be in the garden a lot this year. Then the pole beans will kick in - if the Japanese beetles don't eat the vines down to nothing. I have quite a few green peppers that are only a couple days away from the table too so I can finally say "its starting". Lot it when the garden gets into the giving mode.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
Re: first picking....
« Reply #1 on: 07/12/18 13:33 UTC »
Just picked my first batch of beans this morning! Also goy three ripe cherry tomatoes and two bags of yellow banana peppers. Peppers will be cut into rings and pickled!

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/12/18 14:23 UTC »
We've been in tomatoes for a week now and the cherry one don't stay long with Carole around.

Online Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 07/12/18 16:53 UTC »
Man those look really good. You  definitely cant beat home grown stuff.  I cant wait until my tomatos get ripe.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 07/12/18 18:03 UTC »
  Looking good. I think we talked about that I belong to an organic CSA. Every Wednesday we get a basket of fresh vegetables of what every is fresh that day. For us it really works because we both still work and don't have time for a garden but still love fresh vegetables. Plus it lets us try new stuff. Lately we have been getting a lot of micro greens. I love that on a sandwich or salad.
I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 07/12/18 18:05 UTC »
Yummy

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 07/12/18 19:10 UTC »
My wife picked 5 tomatoes yesterday. First ones. Didn't make it by the 4th of July again this year.