Author Topic: Gonna do it.....  (Read 603 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Gonna do it.....
« Reply #15 on: 09/13/18 06:27 UTC »
I'm almost finished with the sheetrock. I hate hanging the stuff. I'm too old for it. Maybe have it wrapped up today, then tape and sand a little. Once the room proper is sanded I'll frame and rock and finish the closet area. Then paint. Then build the next section of work bench. Then hang the slot board and trim and doors. Got some electrical finish work to putz with then I'm good to set up shop.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 09/13/18 08:48 UTC »
Glade that your getting near the end of construction and will soon be seeing pics of your work area. Has it cooled down up there yet? And by the way how is Carol’s wrist doing?

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 10/09/18 20:41 UTC »
Finally looking at the end. Got one of the slotboard panels hung today and the finish plywood on the work bench. Need to do some sanding on the plywood joints, then seal and varnish. Spar varnish will finish the bench tops. I'll hang the last slotboard tomorrow and maybe get the window furred out. One last light fixture in the closet along with the shelf board on the clothes rod hangers. The two doors will get hung and trimmed with the window and then things will start going back in place. The ceiling will get textured next spring, but is primed now. I may stain and varnish the trim and doors for some character. I have some wildlife art I'll be hanging and then figure out what goes where on the slot board. I'll be making a rod rack for the rods I decided to hold onto....14 or 15 is all....and the rack will be built into a niche with a high wall and out of traffics way. I'm pleased with the way this has come together. I'll get pictures in a week or so when the doors are hung and trimmed and the window is trimmed.