Author Topic: Bugmold  (Read 302 times)

Offline mtnbrook

• Minnow
Bugmold
« on: 07/28/18 12:41 UTC »
Hi, first I wanted to thank everyone for the wealth of info on here. I am a rod builder and my son has taken an interest in soft plastics. So we are going to start together in the world of making our own baits to play with. I have been reading and probably going to purchase a starter kit from do it . The 200 dollar one with everything but molds.

Question, to start just going to try a couple stone molds ..anyone have pics of of their plastics from these stone molds, bugmold. Etc. I know they are not as detailed as cnc..but just to start for us. :D

Thanks again, some really great info on here from guys that have doing this a long time !
Chees

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Bugmold
« Reply #1 on: 07/28/18 16:31 UTC »
Welcome aboard mtnbrook. I haven't got any bug molds of stone so I can't help you there. I have a couple of paddletail baits that are panfish size I can get a picture up here tomorrow for you if you'd like.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/28/18 17:51 UTC »
Welcome mtnbrook what fish species do you fish for. I buy molds based on what I fish for. I have some stone molds I got used and they pour nice. Once you guys catch your first fish you’ll be hooked for life. Would also love to see your rod building masterpieces.
« Last Edit: 07/28/18 20:50 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Offline mtnbrook

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 07/28/18 21:38 UTC »
Thanks guys. Yes, that's what I am hoping for , Makin our own stuff and catching fish.
I am kind of extreme, I make our rods and custom fly rods and such for others as well. I also tie flies for a number of shops. My first love is fly fishing for trout , but also fishing for smallmouths.  I am fortunate to live in Central pa with vast waters to fish . We live along the susquehanna river north of harrisburg. Soooo, in the summer and fall we are hammering smallmouths and walleye....it's a blast. We use alot of tubes and swim baits.
Green pumpkin, variety mostly...but..this summer has been white pearl for some reason.

We just got hammered with rain , so the river needs a couple wks to tame down. I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone used these molds from the bugmold company. They are injection molds, but inexpensive to start . So my 12 yr old and I can stumble through this to start . Will get some aluminum molds, was thinking the ripper to try first..that looks like a good walleye rig come fall. But just trying a couple inexpensive molds to get our feet wet. Craws,and swim baits. ..

Any help and info appreciated, I am fortunate to have a couple kids who love to fish with me!
Cheers