Author Topic: Landing a pb on my lure  (Read 313 times)

Offline HugeCo

• Minnow
Landing a pb on my lure
« on: 07/29/18 17:15 UTC »
I have been spraying crank baits now for about a month give or take. I have caught some fish and even some nice ones. A cpl days ago I was trying out a pattern I had high hopes for.  I was bringing it back from a spot I had thrown on a hundred times I felt a third
 I set the hook and it sunk into something that didn't budge. I was like darn I am glad I made a bunch of those cause I snagged it good. Then I noticed it moved. I couldn't real it but I could move it by working the rod. I was like I'll be damned this log is moving. Then a mouth broke the surface. From that point I went onto autopilot. Raise the rod crank it down. I was standing on a wall and when I got it next to it I saw how big it was. I had just lost a fish when it spit the hook at this very spot
 I was like man how do I get it out. Said oh well and pulled and it was out. It had only been hooked by one hook of the treble but all be damned if held. It weighed in at 6.4 I am estimating 24' I do believe I startled several joggers across the way by my whooping

Offline Do-It Corp.

• Lunker
Re: Landing a pb on my lure
« Reply #1 on: 07/29/18 17:50 UTC »
That's what it is about.  Nice job!

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 07/29/18 18:29 UTC »
Way to go HugeCo! Love hearing success stories with handcrated baits.

Offline brandx112679

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 07/29/18 18:43 UTC »

I know what it's like to catch your personal best on one of my own lures. There is nothing like it. Congratulations on your catch. I know that it has cost me, many a dollar, this addiction, but you can't put a price on your fun.

Tight Lines

Offline brandx112679

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 07/29/18 18:45 UTC »

HugeCo, I forgot to welcome you to the Do-it forums.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 07/29/18 19:12 UTC »
Welcome HugeCo great PB.

Offline HugeCo

• Minnow
« Reply #6 on: 07/30/18 09:58 UTC »
Thank you so much guys...tight lines and big fish!