Author Topic: blue sapphire  (Read 514 times)

Offline tim

• Minnow
blue sapphire
« on: 08/07/18 19:40 UTC »
need recipe fore blue sapphire all I have at this time is blue from LC

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: blue sapphire
« Reply #1 on: 08/07/18 20:40 UTC »
Hi Tim and if I haven't before....welcome to the Do-It forums.

I checked Spike-its page and MF's page along with lurecraft's and none have sapphire blue. It should be a color right along this one from Spike-It  [https://www.ispikeit.com/product/257/ultramarine-blue-106] and also the fluorescent blue from right here at Do-It when using the stronger mix....more drops. You can adjust the depth of the blue by using a toothpick dipped short in a regular blue. This is a color I'd suggest doing without any hi lite, pearl or glitter being added until AFTER you are satisfied with the shade of blue you want.

Is there a particular brand of worm or plastic made in a sapphire that you want to copy? What it is? Most companies have a color plate so we can get a hint as to the actual use of the color.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 08/07/18 20:49 UTC »
I took a snoop thru Zoom's color plate and found this color of sapphire.... https://zoombait.com/colors/sapphire-blue

If this is what you are looking for I'd start with the Spike-it color I copied for you then use a plain blue using the toothpick trick to get the shade brought down to what you need, again without anything added but color until you know you have the shade you need. Make you color and when you think you have it lay a puddle of it on the back of a mold and lay one of you factory worms next to it for comparison in good light.

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 08/18/18 10:48 UTC »
Spike it makes a flipping blue as well which is what I use and they're nearly identical.  The main color difference you will see between your bait and the mass produced is the transparency because they use salt and I don't.  You can however get a little opacity to your baits without salt if you desire by using a minute bit of white to cloud the bait.