Author Topic: Sunrise on Superior.....  (Read 170 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Sunrise on Superior.....
« on: 08/09/18 07:05 UTC »

How much more peaceful looking can it get?

This shot was grabbed off a lake cam in Duluth. The Two Harbors camera is down right now so....

This would have been a great morning to cast with the light fog, but alas I'm at home smoking some more salmon.

Offline Rex

• Minnow
Re: Sunrise on Superior.....
« Reply #1 on: 08/09/18 19:17 UTC »
I miss swinging spoons and loopers in the winter/spring.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 08/09/18 19:26 UTC »
Minnesota is dumping the looper stocking program this year. Supposedly they will be stocking clipped steelhead so anglers can keep one. It'll take a while to let the loopers run the gamut and disappear but this is a real disappointment.

Online Shaunm81

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 08/09/18 21:44 UTC »
That looks like a place id sure like to be  :)

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 08/09/18 22:56 UTC »
Great pic. To bad about loopers Tom.

Offline Rex

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 08/10/18 18:29 UTC »
Great pic. To bad about loopers Tom.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing the looper program is ending. If they were truly crossing with steelhead and creating a weaker egg it’s the best thing to have happen. Especially with how far from mn they have been caught, they have the potential to ruin wi mi and Ontario stocking programs. I will however miss them.

Online Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 08/10/18 18:39 UTC »
Looks like a nice peaceful morning. Beautiful scenery
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 08/10/18 20:21 UTC »
It’s not necessarily a bad thing the looper program is ending. If they were truly crossing with steelhead and creating a weaker egg it’s the best thing to have happen. Especially with how far from mn they have been caught, they have the potential to ruin wi mi and Ontario stocking programs. I will however miss them.

Lake Trout and Brook Trout are the only two "native" species and both are members of the Char family. Steelhead were planted to get started as were all the rainbows and browns there. Loopers are put there as keeping fish. The cross-breeding between loopers and steelhead is still a question that's out to lunch. If there's proof that there is inter-breeding between the twoI say let them breed like rabbits so there are more fish for people to catch.

Online basscatlildave

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 08/11/18 08:30 UTC »
Nice pic.