Author Topic: avacado  (Read 2205 times)

Offline wodge1

• Minnow
avacado
« on: 08/18/18 09:59 UTC »
anybody have Kalin's avacado recipe? I don't have the color "avacado"
« Last Edit: 08/18/18 10:01 UTC by wodge1 »

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
Re: avacado
« Reply #1 on: 08/18/18 10:46 UTC »
Do you have a picture of the Kalin's bait?  I've never even heard of that brand, but I used to throw a Zoom fluke in avocado and it was a really really dark watermelon black flake.  That may or may not help you.  If I were to try and copy the Zoom bait my recipe would essentially be my standard watermelon recipe but either darken it with some black melon colorant I have from SpikeIt or alternatively you could use a drop or two of black colorant.

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 08/18/18 10:54 UTC »
To me it looks like watermelon with a touch of black to make it slightly darker (or more drops of watermelon).

It looks like my "dark watermelon" which i just use more drops of watermelon. The black flake also makes it look a little darker, especially in the body.

" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline wodge1

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 08/18/18 11:35 UTC »
top one is a kalin the picture doesn't show the right color
« Last Edit: 08/18/18 11:38 UTC by wodge1 »

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 08/18/18 14:32 UTC »
That's not the color I had in mind when I pictured it in my head. That's similar to spike its watermelon pumpkin colorant.

Offline wodge1

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 08/19/18 07:01 UTC »
Yeah, like I said, the pic doesn't show the actual color, Bassinfool wanted a pic of the bait. I think it's near impossible to capture the actual color with a picture. Kalin changed their avacado recipe a while back and a very picky customer has me melting down new Kalin grubs and altering the color to match the original color. The pic is of grubs I made, just can't capture the color right

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 08/19/18 08:20 UTC »
Its more likely a monitor issue. Every computer monitor will show colors differently to some extent and it just might be that this color is simply a bear to get the side-by-side comparative colors just right too.

The white background in the picture might be dealing you fits as well. Try laying the two baits on the back of a mold or setting them on a piece of weathered wood in bright shade but not direct sunlight when taking pictures to compare colors. Also, you have two different baits there so body and tail thicknesses will be different and show the true colors differently.

What I am seeing in this picture on my computer is two baits that are pretty darned close in color. Personally I wouldn't be buying new baits to re-melt and fuss with since every color batch of plastic the company makes is just like the colors you make by counting drops....always going to vary a little.
« Last Edit: 08/19/18 08:43 UTC by ctom »
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 08/19/18 09:23 UTC »
I think a drop or 2 of watermelon green, and a drop of black added to the color you have pictured would get you really close.

Offline wodge1

• Minnow
« Reply #8 on: 08/19/18 12:42 UTC »
Its more likely a monitor issue. Every computer monitor will show colors differently to some extent and it just might be that this color is simply a bear to get the side-by-side comparative colors just right too.

The white background in the picture might be dealing you fits as well. Try laying the two baits on the back of a mold or setting them on a piece of weathered wood in bright shade but not direct sunlight when taking pictures to compare colors. Also, you have two different baits there so body and tail thicknesses will be different and show the true colors differently.

What I am seeing in this picture on my computer is two baits that are pretty darned close in color. Personally I wouldn't be buying new baits to re-melt and fuss with since every color batch of plastic the company makes is just like the colors you make by counting drops....always going to vary a little.
I think my friend is nuts, but it's his dime

Offline wodge1

• Minnow
« Reply #9 on: 08/19/18 12:50 UTC »
that's a little better