Author Topic: Dual injecting the ripper.  (Read 172 times)

Online Canga~

• Minnow
Dual injecting the ripper.
« on: 09/04/18 06:19 UTC »
i have the 3" cnc ripper, as well as the 3.5" ES ripper. i have seen many pics of them in 2 colors, and im wondering, with the orientation of the mold the way it is, is it possible to do it with the dual injector or is all cut/paste?

i dont have my injector yet (its ordered though! cant wait to try the basstackle injectors/twinjector!) so im trying to figure out if its possible to do it on the ripper.

thanks for any help!

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Dual injecting the ripper.
« Reply #1 on: 09/04/18 07:20 UTC »
One the cnc mold simply line up the blending block on the mold so the mold and block are at right angles to one another and inject slightly slower to get good color separation. I'm not positive on the ES mold how multiple cavities fill but the bottom cavity should fill nice doing it as just mentioned, but leave some baits in the cavities of those above the bottom bait so plastic usage isn't so great.

I modified a cnc mold to inject straight in from the end instead of having the port at the top and a runner to the side and that puppy makes a super two color Ripper, but the single cnc molds shot as first described get the job done too.

Offline HOODLUM

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 09/04/18 07:51 UTC »
I have an ES 3.5 ripper, The single cavity shoots good with a dually,
But the 2 cavity gives cool swirled results...from my experience
If your looking for a clean color change I don't thin that mold will do it on the 2 cav....Plus the way the mold is built getting the tails back in is nearly impossible  I don't know if this helped you any

Online Canga~

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 09/04/18 08:37 UTC »
Helps greatly, thanks!

I don’t need the laminate to be perfect, in fact I prefer a broken line. I have been making some 2 color baits using a piece of aluminum foil (2” senkos and a bts 702 craw) and the results have been pretty good, looking forward to making the process quicker and being able to do some swimbaits too (also have the angling ai lil hammer on the way soon)

Offline bassinfool

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 09/04/18 09:40 UTC »
You can laminate with the ES mold. On the side with 2 cavities you need to block off the sprue to the bottom bait in order to get a good laminate. I do this by shooting that side with some junk plastic and then just cut the sprue off. After that you can laminate to your hearts desire and just keep cutting off the sprue.