Author Topic: hard time getting correct color on soft plastics with floating additive  (Read 208 times)

Offline Tiny

• Minnow
I seem to have the colors down for the most part until adding the floating additive, when adding that it just screws up everything on color. any suggestions on solving this? thanks in advance.

Online ctom

• Lunker
"Floating additive".....what exactly are you adding and who makes it?

Offline Tiny

• Minnow
M-F manufacturing makes this floating additive which is white.

Online ctom

• Lunker
I guess adding a white product to an already established color has a drawback. Stop using it or formulate your color after adding the floating agent first.

Online billygee

• Kicker
Tiny
Are you using MF Bounce Super Float as an additive ?

if so It in itself is a Super Floating plastic
and not recommend to be mixed with other plastics

billygee

Offline Tiny

• Minnow
we are not using the BOUNCE but thanks I will keep that in mind.

Online Porkrind

• Keeper
I’ve used the Lureworks floating beads and believe this is what he is referring to. It changes the color in a major way and cannot be used for transparent colors. It also makes the plastic much softer and tear easier but it definitely has its place. I now use it more for tail and claw molds and less for the entire bait unless I’m making lizards and floating worms. My best advice is to stick with dark colors and sand cast molds. Also if you want to make the entire bait float try shooting it in a laminate so only the dark part of the bait has the floating beads in it.

Offline Tiny

• Minnow