Author Topic: World's Worst Fishing  (Read 244 times)

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
World's Worst Fishing
« on: 09/17/18 10:46 UTC »
I've been watching this site on YouTube. The guy is really good at making baits, however on laminates he does not heat his dual injector or the block. Now I can't get any injections from a duel injector unless I have everything hot. Any comments on this? On some of his baits he talks about having the plastic up over 350; is this the secret on how he is getting his injector to work? Now this guy does super work. Not talking bad about him, just can't get it to work for me. Maybe the type of plastic? He does put stabilizer in his raw plastic before heating, this could be the reason he get's it so hot without scourching?

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
Re: World's Worst Fishing
« Reply #1 on: 09/17/18 11:11 UTC »
I dont heat the injector but always heat the block. I've been seeing a lot of talk from guys about shooting baits at temps way hotter than I ever shoot, like 350+. On a lot of my Do-it molds with smaller gates I get dents if I shoot that hot. I'm sure shooting that hot of plastic helps it move through the block better. Also the softer the plastic the cooler it can be and still flow.

Online DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #2 on: 09/17/18 12:49 UTC »
i dont heat my injector or block either. im actually in a closed group with the mentioned guy and hes pretty cool and makes some neat stuff. as far as the stabilizer that can depend on your plastic. the one i use its not really needed even chris has been using it along with others
KLK

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 09/17/18 14:10 UTC »
Dobs, how hot do you heat your plastic? I heat mine up to 350 degrees and ALWAYS have trouble with a duel injector and the blending block. It is very common to get no good baits! The way I do it now is to hand pour the top, close the mold and inject the bottom. I would like to be able to do it the way he does in the films.

Online Walking Dead

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 09/17/18 14:30 UTC »
I get my plastic to around 370 and shoot. I do not heat any equipment without issues. 
« Last Edit: 09/17/18 15:07 UTC by Walking Dead »

Offline basscatlildave

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 09/17/18 14:55 UTC »
I really like his channel too. I have asked a few things in the comments and he has always answered me back.

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 09/17/18 15:38 UTC »
I agree, he has a super channel and I like his baits. I just want to be able to shoot them like he does. Higher heat, different type of plastic, added stabilizer before warming? Got a lot of things to try.

Online DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #7 on: 09/17/18 16:18 UTC »
Dobs, how hot do you heat your plastic? I heat mine up to 350 degrees and ALWAYS have trouble with a duel injector and the blending block. It is very common to get no good baits! The way I do it now is to hand pour the top, close the mold and inject the bottom. I would like to be able to do it the way he does in the films.
350 on an inital the i shoot in the 330-340 roughly
KLK

Online Apdriver

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 09/18/18 00:55 UTC »
I always heat my injector and block but stay below 320 or so after the initial heat with my plastic. That said, keeping everything hot, I can shoot a lot of plastic through my dual injector. I also reheat my injector after demolding and use a propane torch on the injectors and blending block. I try to shoot 8-10 multi cavity molds at a time. That’s what works for me.

Online DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #9 on: 09/18/18 07:14 UTC »
I always heat my injector and block but stay below 320 or so after the initial heat with my plastic. That said, keeping everything hot, I can shoot a lot of plastic through my dual injector. I also reheat my injector after demolding and use a propane torch on the injectors and blending block. I try to shoot 8-10 multi cavity molds at a time. That’s what works for me.
torches are so useful in many ways!
KLK