Author Topic: Looking for a mold for3”-4” tubes  (Read 1272 times)

Offline 2elkhunt

• Minnow
Looking for a mold for3”-4” tubes
« on: 09/29/18 09:35 UTC »
Looking for a good mold for bass tubes, would like to have a football head and sizes up to 1/2 oz. What’s everyone use?

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Looking for a mold for3”-4” tubes
« Reply #1 on: 09/29/18 13:05 UTC »
https://store.do-itmolds.com/Sample-Bag-You-Choose_p_332.html

You can get samples here. So you can see if the bait is what you want.

Offline 2elkhunt

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 09/29/18 14:08 UTC »
I guess I should have been more clear, I’m looking for a jig head for 3”-4” tubes

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 09/29/18 18:52 UTC »
I also use the tapered tube mold. I usually give them a quick coat of powder paint (no oven cure) to keep them from oxidizing or dip them in CS Coatings for the same reason.
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 09/29/18 19:41 UTC »
I like the action of a jig that come out of the nose of the tube

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 09/30/18 08:59 UTC »
Looking for a good mold for bass tubes, would like to have a football head and sizes up to 1/2 oz. What’s everyone use?

The reason your responses haven't matched what you want is 2-fold. The first is you aren't specific enough, do you want the jig to be weedless? 90 or 60 degree hook? Flat eye or regular eye? Heavy wire or light wire hook?  The second reason is there just aren't many anglers fishing tubes on a football head, most guys use either an inside head like a ball head or tapered tube head, or the Texas rig them, fishing them on a football head is probably a regional thing. Now if you can answer the questions I laid out regarding what kind of football head I will be able to help you but if you are looking as to what others are using it might be awhile because as I previously mentioned, not many anglers fish them that way. Now I'm going to guess you want to drag the tube since you want a football head, and if that is the case I'd look at getting a head that uses a 60 degree hook and I got the perfect mold for you.  The FBB-4H-AFM, that mold uses 60 degree flat eye and regular eye hooks and goes from 1/8oz to 1/2oz. It uses standard wire flat eye hooks and heavy wire regular eye hooks, it is weedless but you don't have to use the weed guard if you don't want to. It also has a ring and barb collar that will allow the easy placement of a skirt if you wish to use one but the ring also will help holding a tube in place pretty well should you not want a skirt. It really is the most versatile football head but again, it will depend on how you intend to use it but there should be a head that will work for you.

Offline 2elkhunt

• Minnow
« Reply #9 on: 10/07/18 18:39 UTC »
thanks for the advise Smalljaw. i did leave alot of details out