Author Topic: Poison Tail Jig Mold  (Read 534 times)

Online Lamar

• Lunker
Re: Poison Tail Jig Mold
« Reply #15 on: 10/08/18 19:39 UTC »
It looks like a bad mold. I am surprised it made it out the door. I would think some one would be looking at the molds to make sure they will work properly before they are sent out.I would send it back and get a new one.

This was your quote. It's not Brian's mold.

Offline chubs

• Keeper
« Reply #16 on: 10/08/18 19:46 UTC »
Yes it sure was. Was commenting to a post. Thanks for stating the obvious. Just an FYI Lamar go back to the beginning of the post and read what's been said.
I understand the mold in the pic isn't BRYANM  it's from a website. He is missing the cavity that holds the pin for the 1/8 jig weed guard just like the one in the picture 21xdc posted. I sure do-it will take care of him just like the do for everyone.
« Last Edit: 10/08/18 21:34 UTC by chubs »

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 10/09/18 05:43 UTC »
Chubbs, what mold do you have? I'm betting it doesn't have the 1/8oz cavity and the reason is because there isn't a pin made for the FG-12 weed guard. If all your cavities take an FG-30 weed guard then I'll also bet the jig sizes are 1/2oz, 3/4oz, and 1oz. So if that is the case then that is why the mold looks bad because the person needing the help has 1/8oz, 1/4oz, and 3/8oz cavities and the 1/8oz takes a small wedd guard for which there is no pin made which is why I made my own pins. Does that make more sense now?

Offline Kyle

• Administrator
  • Kicker
« Reply #18 on: 10/09/18 08:18 UTC »
Smalljaw is spot on. 

Only 1/8" (FG-30) and 5/32" (FG-40) fiberguard models have provisions for base hole pins.  One reusable pin per cavity is supplied for qualified models. 

Offline chubs

• Keeper
« Reply #19 on: 10/09/18 11:05 UTC »
Sorry guys my apologies. You are correct. I have the larger poison tail mold. I thought i had the smaller one also but I was mistaken it was the casting jig mold. Once again I apologize.

Offline Kyle

• Administrator
  • Kicker
« Reply #20 on: 10/09/18 16:06 UTC »
No worries it happens! It's not the mistakes that define who we are but how we recover from it. We've all made them!

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 10/10/18 23:06 UTC »
I have that mold and it looks just like the one in the picture. I assumed the 1/8 cavity did not have a pin for it. There is no impression for the head of the pin. Mine came with 3 pins all the same size that fit the 2 larger cavities. I believe the 1/8 oz is meant to just cast the weedgaurds in but I bought teflon pins to fit it and pour them like the other 2 sizes.

Online 21xdc

• Kicker
« Reply #22 on: 10/11/18 03:40 UTC »
I have that mold and it looks just like the one in the picture. I assumed the 1/8 cavity did not have a pin for it. There is no impression for the head of the pin. Mine came with 3 pins all the same size that fit the 2 larger cavities. I believe the 1/8 oz is meant to just cast the weedgaurds in but I bought teflon pins to fit it and pour them like the other 2 sizes.

Is there an echo in here?  ;D

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 10/11/18 06:32 UTC »

Where did you get 5/64" Teflon pins?? I can't even find Teflon rod in that size so I'd really appreciate the help as others would as well. Guys on Tackle Underground have been looking for them as well so I'd hope you want to share that info.

Offline SteveJ

• Yearling
« Reply #24 on: 10/11/18 13:01 UTC »
Just received this mold.
How do you put the weed guard in the hole.
Glue?

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
« Reply #25 on: 10/11/18 13:06 UTC »
Just received this mold.
How do you put the weed guard in the hole.
Glue?

Epoxy or super glue gel. Don't use regular super glue, it wicks up the weed guard fibers which then leaves a white residue while providing a weak bond. I like Loctite super glue gel control, I've been using it for years without any failures.