Author Topic: Sneak preview of the "room".  (Read 515 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Sneak preview of the "room".
« on: 10/16/18 14:56 UTC »
Here's a couple shots showing the work bench area and closet. All the little things that need taking care of eat a lot of time so it seems like I'll never get this sucker wrapped up. The antlers will go on the wall straight up from where they are seen...near the ceiling to get them out of the way. I still need to decide where the shelving hangers are going to go for the shelves I want and then it'll be getting the hangers for small stuff like packages of hooks and wire inserts and stuff. And the lead molds. The work area where the antlers are seen is dedicated to lead pouring since that outlet is a 30 amp puppy. Where the towel is on the bench under the window will get the microwave....probably more to the left so the window is immediately above where I'll be injecting. I'll be making a spray box with an exhaust fan to pull over-spray thru a filter and it will be on the same wing as the lead pouring so I'll have to make some adjustments as to where those items fit in yet. For sure it'll be a work in progress for a while yet but it is moving along.

One good note is the heater I have. The other day it was cold up here....ice on anything with water in it outside well into the afternoon. Turned the heater on, closed the door and within ten minutes it was toasty.

Offline Fishermanbt

• Kicker
Re: Sneak preview of the "room".
« Reply #1 on: 10/16/18 15:46 UTC »
I was looking forward to this pictorial update. Very nice. I so want a dedicated area for my stuff, but my mobile unit will have to do for the time being.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 10/16/18 16:13 UTC »
Sweet looking set up Tom and I see you have tunes to make bait’s by. What do you listen to will playing.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 10/16/18 17:08 UTC »
....I see you have tunes to make bait’s by. What do you listen to will playing.

Country as a rule Mike, but I'm not opposed to some good old Steppenwolf or Iron Butterfly either. The long version of  Inagoddadavida is one of my favorites as is Paradise By The Dashboard Lights.

Online Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 10/16/18 17:59 UTC »
Lookin good!!

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 10/16/18 20:07 UTC »
Country also and same for rock as you 60,early 70’s and BKJ had some great blues music to share.
« Last Edit: 10/17/18 00:46 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 10/17/18 05:33 UTC »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoX0Olfqziw

Here is one I shared to BKJ that you might like Tom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-HdorsEP3A
Hear is that BKJ shared
« Last Edit: 10/17/18 07:03 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 10/17/18 06:21 UTC »
I don't do blues.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 10/17/18 06:57 UTC »
I like to change things up now and than

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 10/17/18 07:20 UTC »
  Looking good there Tom. Those old bones will appreciate the heater this winter.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 10/17/18 07:52 UTC »
I'm still fighting the mess of what to do with all the tools and stuff that was where the new room is now. Getting there though and yes the heat will be welcomed this year. I still need to trim the window but may hold off and add a pseudo-storm window instead to help hold off the cold. Maybe add a thermo-pane or tri-pane window next year to cure that.

I have a 5/8" thick rubber floor mat in front of the bench at my plastics station and that really helps with the cold on the feet and I am looking at getting enough to do the whole floor next year so I held the doors up to allow for it when I set them. Gotta have a bit of room for draft when the fans is running too.

There's a 4' X 3' access hole in the ceiling you don't see in the pics that I have furred out and two three inch thick layers of rigid foam insulation board fitted in the opening. This foam board will get a 1/4" plywood cover on both sides next spring along with a couple of door pulls so it can be lifted out easily when needed to be. The garage has a full height loft with free spanning rafters, lights and a full floor.

The closet is something I really have been in need of for my hunting clothes and rainwear. It'll also work well to store the folding tables we seem to have too many of but often need. The shelf atop the clothes pole will hold all my plano boxes and fishing bags.

This room has been a challenge. Its amazing the muscles one looses touch with in five years away from a hammer. Retirement is nice in having time but I'm a knothead and when I have work right here at home I have a hard time not attending to it. Jumping back into the building game has had its ups and downs in that regard. I'm just glad its about wrapped up for this year and the little things that be worked around can wait till spring.

Thanks for the comments and looking in my soon to be world of tackle. lol

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 10/17/18 16:09 UTC »
Is there room on the outside walls for the tools? Sure nice to have a place dedicated to a hobby so you don’t need to be picked up and moved every time you want to do something.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 10/23/18 18:42 UTC »
I'm getting things moved in. Today saw a lot of headway and some re-organizing. I guess there'll be plenty of that.

I got the window trimmed out and hope Carole can make me a curtain sometime soon. The doors all have knobs and close tight. The work table and ladder are taken down and put away which makes for much more room in there. I hope to get the antlers up tomorrow so I can begin the organizing on that part of the work bench. And I need to get shelving and brackets set in the slot board. And hooks for the board. I have hooks up the gazoo that need to be hung so I know what I have. I'm leaving my lead molds hanging on the beam that spans the garage....they're easy to identify and get to right where they are at. The plastic molds I haven't quite settled on where they'll get located yet.

It's moving along now and hopefully I'll get some plastic cooking yet this week.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 11/02/18 07:17 UTC »
I set up the lead pot and cast a mess of the new heads the other day when it was chilly in the room but just the heat shed by the hot pot had that room toasty in about twenty minutes so the insulation must be adequate.

I've been worried about the cold from the floor later on and will like hit Menards and grab a cheap piece of rubber-backed candy stripe junk for the winter. I am planning to put a full 5/8" thick rubber floor mat down next year. The rubber insulates like crazy and makes for a super nice work surface....very easy on feet and legs, plus its an excellent non-conductor if using an electric drill of something and the floor is sweat like they will in the spring.

Believe it or not, and I hate to even admit this,....I locked myself out of that room. The keys for the lockset were sitting on the work bench. I had to take the window apart to reach in with a wire to snare the keys, then re-assemble the window. That won't be happening again....forgot to put a key on my ring when I got the lockset in the door and had been testing for fit.

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 11/02/18 12:57 UTC »
Looks great Tom keep the updates pictures coming
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures