Author Topic: Bass lure molds  (Read 264 times)

Offline Jopipe17

• Minnow
Bass lure molds
« on: 11/18/18 09:56 UTC »
What's going on Im getting into lure making and beeiln research learning what I can before I jump into it. I was wondering which lure molds do you guys recommend or is legit molds for senkos, craws, and worms. Jus which aluminum molds should I go with. Been looking and seen many. Thanks guys

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Bass lure molds
« Reply #1 on: 11/18/18 10:19 UTC »
Welcome aboard Jo.

Both the cnc and essential molds in the senko are exact copies of the senko worm. The essential mold's worm is not as shiny as the cnc mold's worm. Other than that, exact copies.

The Icraw mold makes the most realistic craw on the market and is easy to use for doing split colors and claws of a different color.

If you are just getting your teeth into this and fish senkos and craws, these two will make you a happy boy.

Again, welcome to the Do-It forums.

Offline olsarge

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 11/18/18 12:39 UTC »
Welcome to the forums!  CTOM already pointed out the differences between the es and cnc molds so I won;t go there other than to say that if you plan on selling baits your customers will dictacte wht you should get.  Personally, the es molds are a much better bargain and shoot exactly the same baits that will catch the same fish.  As far as what baits you should make, I would divide them up by water column.  Say, frogs for the surface, swimbaits and curly tails for mid and worms crawfish for bottom work.  Then buy according to your fishing preference.  My two pennies.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Online Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/18/18 14:48 UTC »
  I'm a bass fisherman and if was starting out in this hobby/addiction I would look at Do-it's ES series molds. You can buy them for under 40 bucks from many places. Barlows and Jann's are a few. The one's I would start with are the ES Beaver, ES Senko and the ES Finesse. Those three baits will catch fish anywhere. They are a cast mold so the bait has a matte finish. If you want a shinny finish to your bait just spray paint the inside of the mold with glossy high heat paint. It's that simple. These baits are very easy make and real fish catchers. A great place to start.

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 11/23/18 08:37 UTC »
The carrot molds are hands down the best all around baits.  From jerk baits to drop shot they can do it all. 

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/23/18 08:47 UTC »
Lordy. Here's a stranger come back. How have you been Justin? How's that eye?

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/23/18 12:44 UTC »
Busy Tom busy.  The eye is stable and I’m putting a surgery off. Just because I don’t have to drive two hours to the doc every week. Lol. But when the snow stops and my shop and wreckers slow down I’ll go back and get my last surgery. Or I hope is my last for a while.
How’s things going around here?

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 11/23/18 13:05 UTC »
Same old stuff Justin. Miss seeing you posting. Miss Mo too. Great to see you stop in though, don't be a stranger. I hear you on busy and I'm retired but always something lined up or somewhere I have to be. If I don't see you back here before Xmas, Justin, you have a great Christmas holiday and be good to yourself. Stay safe. Great news on the eye....I've thought about you and it often. Take care bud.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 11/23/18 13:41 UTC »
Justin9j is that you the one that we fished with this summer with Daryl ,Fish and Terry? Glade the eye is doing better and the shop is doing well. The carrot is a awesome fish catcher along with all DO-IT’S products.
« Last Edit: 11/23/18 13:48 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 11/23/18 14:02 UTC »
Yes mike it be.   
Tom Mo is busy just had the third kid. Not sure what his wife sees in him.  lol.  I plan on trying to hang around more.  I let life get to fast last couple years.   

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 11/23/18 17:07 UTC »
Awesome to see you back.Terry is busy filling his freezer with wild game and the new addition probably takes some time to