Author Topic: Eye Sizes  (Read 2430 times)

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
Eye Sizes
« on: 11/04/18 22:45 UTC »
what sizes for the freestyle jig? mainly 3/16 & 5/16 oz sizes
KLK

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
Re: Eye Sizes
« Reply #1 on: 11/04/18 23:17 UTC »
Dobynstriton look at cast item details when looking at free style 2.5 3/16 and 4 5/16 8)
« Last Edit: 11/04/18 23:26 UTC by WALLEYE WACKER »
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 11/05/18 06:14 UTC »
For the most part I do not add eyes except to the detailed heads like the Herring or Swim heads, anything Ultra, teardrops and Diner Shiners that have eye pockets cast in. These just sell better with eyes. When I do add eyes I use the largest eye that will set inside the pocket.

What eyes do you guys prefer? The flat or the domed 3d? I use only the 3d.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #3 on: 11/05/18 07:24 UTC »
For the most part I do not add eyes except to the detailed heads like the Herring or Swim heads, anything Ultra, teardrops and Diner Shiners that have eye pockets cast in. These just sell better with eyes. When I do add eyes I use the largest eye that will set inside the pocket.

What eyes do you guys prefer? The flat or the domed 3d? I use only the 3d.

i use the 3d that are mostly silver but have the gold ring with black pupil.. id use some with eyes some without. one for a swimbait one for a minnow type plastic. i made arrangements with a name brand co and one of the sizes works perfect the larger wobbles too much and makes the tail foul hook about every 3rd cast so i need something thatll work thats still somewhat compact to fish 4inch naits on
KLK

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 11/05/18 08:29 UTC »
I wish all the companys would give their eye size in mm. Some give it in inches and others give it in size(?) most give in mm and it can be hard at times to get the right size.

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #5 on: 11/05/18 08:43 UTC »
I wish all the companys would give their eye size in mm. Some give it in inches and others give it in size(?) most give in mm and it can be hard at times to get the right size.
most can be converted to an extent but i agree it would be nice to have some sort of size reference to have a estimated base line on size
KLK

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/05/18 13:47 UTC »
5mm work great on the 3/16

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #7 on: 11/05/18 13:50 UTC »
5mm work great on the 3/16
thanks! just need to figure the other size and i will know what to get from my supplier
KLK

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 11/05/18 16:15 UTC »

I agree.... I only buy eyes in MM sizes. I always put the largest eye that fits in the cavity.

Offline DobynsTriton

• Lunker
  • KLK Plastics
« Reply #9 on: 11/05/18 17:47 UTC »
I agree.... I only buy eyes in MM sizes. I always put the largest eye that fits in the cavity.
im the same. the biggest i can get away with is my preference
KLK

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 11/05/18 20:40 UTC »
thanks! just need to figure the other size and i will know what to get from my supplier
The only thing I had bigger than 5mm was 10mm. Think the 3/8 is around 8mm