Author Topic: New mold tinkering  (Read 337 times)

Offline Jake Hendrickson

• Minnow
New mold tinkering
« on: 11/20/18 07:30 UTC »
Havent had alot of time to do any lead or plastic work, but found am hour or so last night to check out the new molds.  The 3.5" Swim Shad, with my one outing using it so far, is an awesome bait.  Also was able to shoot a few rippers that I will be trying out on Friday, as well as the new freestyle jig.  I use the teardrop jig probably 90% of the time, but this new jighead will give me a good second or third option.  Colors for the plastics were all remelts, i did add some purple hilite to the pearl looking swim shad, you can get a hint of the purple in the tail section.  The jigs got a coat of matte black spray paint last night, will get 3D eyes and a UV clear coat bath to finish them off.
« Last Edit: 11/20/18 07:32 UTC by Jake Hendrickson »

Offline Jake Hendrickson

• Minnow
Re: New mold tinkering
« Reply #1 on: 11/20/18 07:30 UTC »
Few more pictures

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 11/20/18 07:44 UTC »
Play time is good time.

Good looking goodies there Jake.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 11/20/18 09:57 UTC »
Great work Jake  8) the swimshad and Ripper are real fish catchers.

Offline basscatlildave

• Kicker
« Reply #4 on: 11/20/18 10:50 UTC »
Awesome job. 

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/20/18 15:42 UTC »
Great molds...great colors!
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline brennan.chapman

• Administrator
  • Minnow
« Reply #6 on: 11/20/18 15:52 UTC »
Few more pictures

I like your idea. Made a batch of these up for the Mississippi river last week. The 4-6 inch Walleye and Sauger couldn't get enough of them!  ::)

Offline brennan.chapman

• Administrator
  • Minnow
« Reply #7 on: 11/20/18 15:54 UTC »
[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

I like your idea. Made a batch of these up for the Mississippi river last week. The 4-6 inch Walleye and Sauger couldn't get enough of them!  ::)

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 11/20/18 16:45 UTC »
[ Invalid Attachment ]

Lookin out the IN door of Do-It. I love it. Great colors Brennan. Now a little Florida Grape and Purple X2 colors and some violet hi lite and 18 to 22 inch walters would really like them. lol

Offline Jake Hendrickson

• Minnow
« Reply #9 on: 11/21/18 07:08 UTC »
Good looking baits Brennan.  what color recipe is your tail?  I like how bold it is

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 11/21/18 07:41 UTC »
Brennan really like transparent bait’s. Killer color!!! 8)

Offline brennan.chapman

• Administrator
  • Minnow
« Reply #11 on: 11/21/18 09:04 UTC »
Good looking baits Brennan.  what color recipe is your tail?  I like how bold it is

Here is a better picture in the sunlight. I shot these in our Pro Series mold, so I mixed about a cup for each color. The body is 4 drops of Florida Grape X2. There was no real measurement on the tails, you can't really over do it when you're going for a color like this. A lot of Chartreuse X2 and a lot of UV additive will get the job done!

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 11/21/18 11:30 UTC »
Gotta be my monitor or the lighting....those look super blue here. Sorry for the mis-call.

12 cavities....you must be using the grand daddy of injectors lol. Great looking colors though and that combo is my absolute favorite for both waldo/sauger and crappies.

Offline brennan.chapman

• Administrator
  • Minnow
« Reply #13 on: 11/21/18 12:45 UTC »
Gotta be my monitor or the lighting....those look super blue here. Sorry for the mis-call.

12 cavities....you must be using the grand daddy of injectors lol. Great looking colors though and that combo is my absolute favorite for both waldo/sauger and crappies.

Hey Tom,

They do have a blue tint to them when held to the light. Florida Grape is easily one of my favorites to use, and is a great Walleye color on the rivers around here.

I was actually using a new injector we are testing, that should be available on the site soon.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 11/21/18 14:29 UTC »
I use a ton of Florida Grape myself but seldom use it as a stand alone color. I usually use MF Indigo and Florida Grape in about equal amounts with maybe a couple or three drops of X2 Purple. Evil good color it makes. It'll handle re-heats to the tune of maybe 15 times so its a durable color to make and save the left-overs. Love the stuff.

I like a slight green edge on my chartreuse without actually leaning to green chartreuse and will make the X2 chartreuse and add a couple drops of X2 fluorescent green and some blue hi lite. The blue hi lite makes a chartreuse turn a corner that it normally does get to out of the bottle.