Author Topic: New molds  (Read 2294 times)

Offline LennynSquiggy

• Yearling
New molds
« on: 12/07/18 12:01 UTC »
I ordered one of each Senko mold and the Ned rig. I can't wait for them to get here!

I opened my store last night and a friend ceremoniously made the first purchase to get us started. Very exciting day!

Offline Shaunm81

• Lunker
Re: New molds
« Reply #1 on: 12/07/18 12:27 UTC »
Nice those  are  some  really  nice molds.  I  want to  pick  up the ned rig myself  soon myself.  Anyway looking  forward to  seeing  your work.  Lol it's definitely a very   addictive  hobby one mold  leads to another  and  another.
« Last Edit: 12/08/18 03:35 UTC by Shaunm81 »

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 12/07/18 15:01 UTC »
  You'll like both of them molds. The Ned rig is stupid easy to make. It takes very little learning curve to it. I don't think I've made a bad one yet. The Senko takes a learning curve. I saw from your FB page you got the 4.5 and 6 inch ones.  The six inch especially you need to inject and hold pressure for 10 seconds and then top off the spur. It's a bigger bait and it will draw more plastic as it cools. Just play around with it and ask question when needed.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/07/18 22:57 UTC »
Retail store Lenny?

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 12/08/18 07:22 UTC »
Awesome, I like it. Good luck to you.

Offline LennynSquiggy

• Yearling
« Reply #6 on: 12/10/18 20:01 UTC »
  I believe this is it. https://smiseks-custom-baits.com/?_cd=0877b193d342732241d4e0ff5e27547d299431d3d00b6f4f3b2b60c47355cc89&_uid=14699397220&fbclid=IwAR3Cx8434cvsTeQF2jNIgHwncZn8q4kn1jcDGkp5rOHjDTJsTohjaxNSDCM

This is it. It's not perfect, but it doesn't need to be yet. My 15 yr old daughter took the pictures that are on the site, we have some work to do on the quality but for her first time? I thought she did really well.

Thanks for the info in your other post. I have a 5.25" stickbait from another manufacturer and it can be tricky to get a shot w/o at least one cavity having a minor dimple. I bought the stuff to make my own sprue extenders and that should put an end to that nonsense. I went to Lowes and bought a 10 pack of 1/2" couplers and a 5' piece of 1/'2 copper pipe, I can see needing more couplers at some point but I'm finding it hard to imagine ever needing more pipe. It's easy enough to adjust the length of the extender to find out exactly how much you need.

Offline LennynSquiggy

• Yearling
« Reply #7 on: 12/10/18 20:02 UTC »
Awesome, I like it. Good luck to you.

Thanks. :)

A friend ceremoniously made the first purchase to officially open the store.

Offline LennynSquiggy

• Yearling
« Reply #8 on: 12/11/18 12:36 UTC »
Well. My molds are already here. The UPS guy just dropped them off, very fast service on the part of Do-It. I ordered a mold from another company on the 29th of November and it will be here Thursday, so this is pretty darn good service.

I'm going to try to force myself to wait to try them out until my dual injector gets here on Thursday as well. This could be a very tall order.  ;D

Offline LennynSquiggy

• Yearling
« Reply #9 on: 12/11/18 22:06 UTC »
  You'll like both of them molds. The Ned rig is stupid easy to make. It takes very little learning curve to it. I don't think I've made a bad one yet. The Senko takes a learning curve. I saw from your FB page you got the 4.5 and 6 inch ones.  The six inch especially you need to inject and hold pressure for 10 seconds and then top off the spur. It's a bigger bait and it will draw more plastic as it cools. Just play around with it and ask question when needed.

I had a little bit of fuel in the heater, just enough to warm up a mold. I shot the Ned 5 times. The first time I had 2 baits with dents, the second time I had 6 (lol), the 3rd shot only had one dent but I flashed 3 cavities pretty badly, the 4th and 5th shots were perfect. After that I stopped because it was getting to cold in the garage.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #10 on: 12/11/18 23:46 UTC »
Great colors!!
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 12/12/18 06:07 UTC »
Way to go Lenny! Proof that practice does make perfect. Good work. Too darn cold in my garage also. I'm seriously considering a heater next winter.

Offline LennynSquiggy

• Yearling
« Reply #12 on: 12/12/18 11:23 UTC »
Way to go Lenny! Proof that practice does make perfect. Good work. Too darn cold in my garage also. I'm seriously considering a heater next winter.

I have a Master torpedo heater, 80,000 BTU. It will run on KT-1 kerosene ($5-$13/gallon) #1/#2 diesel, #1/#2 fuel oil, JP-8 and Jet-A fuel. My garage is only 10x20 so this thing pushes the temp over 90 degrees even with the garage door open two feet or so for ventilation. The diesel exhaust fumes can be annoying and I wish I'd bought a propane heater because of that. There are multiple propane heaters that will run on the same propane bottle you use in a gas grill and the propane bottle will last longer than a 5 gallon tank of diesel.

I'm also considering one like this for the future. Running a gas line and electric for it might get a bit pricy, but it's probably worth it in the long run.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200631888_200631888?cm_mmc=Google-pla&utm_source=Google_PLA&utm_medium=Heaters%20%26%20Stoves%20%2B%20Fireplaces%20%3E%20Electric%20Heaters%20%3E%20Electric%20Garage%20%2B%20Industrial%20Heaters&utm_campaign=ProFusion%20Heat&utm_content=44740&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgMPgBRDDARIsAOh3uyInti3ojD7tHIelkVn_F1y8oZvzQfSqEiowcYTa8vUpErVsvRF7RLEaAv_GEALw_wcB

Offline brandx112679

• Kicker
« Reply #13 on: 12/12/18 18:05 UTC »

LennynSquiggy, if you go ahead and spend the money and run the electric, or gas, which ever you choose, you will be glad you did it for years to come. It only hurts the first year, shelling out the money.  But after that, you will have a place to enjoy, from then on.
 I bit the bullet  about 5 years ago, and put in a used top draft natural gas furnace in my shop, and I wish I had done it, along time before that. I used to heat it with wood, which I still burn some, occasionally, but it is a lot dustier.
 I can't stay in the house, it drives me crazy, but I can spend my whole day out in the building, and enjoy every minute of it. I fixed it up, much like my house, with TV, and a recliner, and most of the comforts of home. I consider it money well spent. You won't be sorry, any thing you do to make it yours. The winters are very long without a place to unwind.
 Hope this helps you with your decision. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 12/13/18 06:28 UTC »
I think that is good advice brandx. I have been looking for a used furnace to heat my garage.