Author Topic: Bentleyville Christmas light display  (Read 71 times)

Online ctom

• Lunker
Bentleyville Christmas light display
« on: 12/07/18 19:06 UTC »
Carole and I took a daughter and her roomie to Duluth on Weds to see this unbelievably wonderful Christmas light display. I don't know how many hundreds of thousands or millions of lights it has but it is impressive. The themes cover local history, the military, childhood characters and of course Lake Superior and its lore.

The display was donated to the city of Duluth with the understanding that it would always remain free of entry charges. Its staffed entirely by volunteers and is funded entirely thru donations. Annual participation numbers are over a million per 1 month season. This year was not a disappointment and was the display's 15th anniversary of being hosted by the City of Duluth.

Carole and I have been here to this event several times and just never tire of the fun of just "being". We were happy that the two girls that tagged along had such a great time. The picture is just at the entry, or one of them I should say and the green tree in the back ground is 200 feet tall and choreographed to  change light themes  while Christmas and popular music is played. Temps the whole evening were in the mid 20's so in all it was a very enjoyable.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Bentleyville Christmas light display
« Reply #1 on: 12/07/18 20:08 UTC »
Sweet pic glade you an yours had a fun time.

Offline basscatlildave

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 12/08/18 11:29 UTC »
Nice

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 12/08/18 12:24 UTC »
I read somewhere that there are over 5 million lights in this display. It takes about a half hour to walk thru the entire maze. It covers 20 acres.

Here's a link for details.

https://www.bentleyvilleusa.org/