Author Topic: Vibe Jig Head  (Read 5794 times)

Offline Cami

• Keeper
  • https://www.pinterest.it/MrCami/camis-lures/
Vibe Jig Head
« on: 01/07/19 15:56 UTC »

I would like to start the 2019 with a little news about saltwater lures: the Vibe Jig Head.
It is an idea from Fish Arrow (upon you can see the prototype), that links a Jig Head, armed with 2 treble hooks, to a metallic upper blade, tipically used in Metal Vibes ... but in this case the Metal Vibe is assembled with a Soft Bait ... vibrating itself.
Of course I have been impressed by the excessive number of Sea Bass caught in following video:
https://youtu.be/XIJq-HpvB8A
... anyway, even if there are too much Sea Bass (it is only envy), I have ever trusted in Metal Vibes and in Soft Baits too, so I really think that this "wedding" must be done.
Due the fact that new Fish Arrow "Flash Vibe Head" 14 g is not available, yet, I tried to make do it by myself:

I used a scrap of aluminium sheet th. 1,5 mm, a sinker of 10 g, inox wire Ø 1 mm.
Perhaps is possible to obtain something similar with a Do-It Metal Vibe mold, modyfing the shape of metal sheet body.
Bye

Cami

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Vibe Jig Head
« Reply #1 on: 01/07/19 16:26 UTC »
I like your thinking!
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/07/19 17:41 UTC »
The flat metal "Blade" is what makes it vibrate.... I like your thinking, But I don't see it working like a blade bait.

I think this jighead will do the same thing...

« Last Edit: 01/07/19 17:51 UTC by 21xdc »

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/08/19 06:02 UTC »
The flat metal "Blade" is what makes it vibrate.... I like your thinking, But I don't see it working like a blade bait.

I think this jighead will do the same thing...

I get what you're saying but I disagree. Vibration makes noise that at times attract fish better. I use metal vibrating lures in the late fall and winter. Those and spoons a lot of times are the only things they'll hit.

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/08/19 11:24 UTC »
I would like to start the 2019 with a little news about saltwater lures: the Vibe Jig Head.
It is an idea from Fish Arrow (upon you can see the prototype), that links a Jig Head, armed with 2 treble hooks, to a metallic upper blade, tipically used in Metal Vibes ... but in this case the Metal Vibe is assembled with a Soft Bait ... vibrating itself.
I have ever trusted in Metal Vibes and in Soft Baits too, so I really think that this "wedding" must be done.

Perhaps is possible to obtain something similar with a Do-It Metal Vibe mold, modifying the shape of metal sheet body.

I agree... this is something Do-it really should take note of!

Offline Cami

• Keeper
« Reply #5 on: 01/08/19 15:15 UTC »
Dear All, I really like that you like my thinking  :D, but mostly that this "blade" captured your interest.

@ 21xdc: first of all I like very much such kind of shad shaped jig head and, yes, the concept is similar but ... there is not right the blade, so you cannot obtain the strict vibration especially during the vertical retrive. If I will be able to find an underwater video, then I will post it.
Bye

Cami

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/08/19 16:27 UTC »
  I get what you're saying but I disagree. Vibration makes noise that at times attract fish better. I use metal vibrating lures in the late fall and winter. Those and spoons a lot of times are the only things they'll hit.

I think you misunderstood me... I'm saying his jighead wont vibrate like a blade bait.... I love blade baits. I have made thousands and many designs. I don't know anybody that uses/makes more of them than me... LOL  Here are just a few samples. 

« Last Edit: 01/09/19 04:10 UTC by 21xdc »

Offline Cami

• Keeper
« Reply #7 on: 01/08/19 17:14 UTC »
21xdc, it is a really impressive production of Vibes: my honest compliments.
I was wondering: would you like to cut the blade body of one of your Metal Vibe and mount a proportioned Fluke/Pin Tail bait? ... just to verify by yourself its swimming.
Bye.

Cami

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 01/08/19 20:07 UTC »
Those are quite impressive 21xdc.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 01/09/19 07:30 UTC »
  Nice looking baits 21

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 01/09/19 21:43 UTC »
Here are just a few samples. 

If that is just a few, I wonder what a lot would mean... good lookin' either way!

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 01/10/19 03:59 UTC »
If that is just a few, I wonder what a lot would mean... good lookin' either way!

I didn't want to hi-jack... Here are some others.. LOL   Thanks guys...  ;D   

« Last Edit: 01/10/19 04:05 UTC by 21xdc »

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #12 on: 01/10/19 17:36 UTC »
Now you've got me curious how the different lead shapes and blade designs come through the water... you have quite an array.

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 01/10/19 18:09 UTC »
I have tried a ton more than I'm showing... I'm super anal when it comes to lure design. I have been making baits for 30 years, Starting to get the hang of it.  :D

Offline 21xdc

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 01/13/19 08:48 UTC »