Author Topic: Elders majic?  (Read 231 times)

Offline BassinBrian

• Minnow
Elders majic?
« on: 01/13/19 18:45 UTC »
Anyone have a recipe for this color? It’s a laminate that I cannot figure out.

Online ctom

• Lunker
Re: Elders majic?
« Reply #1 on: 01/13/19 21:18 UTC »
Welcome to the Do-It forums BassinBrian! Make yourself at home here.

What bait, or company makes this color? I haven't heard of it.

Offline BassinBrian

• Minnow
« Reply #2 on: 01/13/19 21:25 UTC »
It’s a yum finger color.

Offline BassinBrian

• Minnow
« Reply #3 on: 01/13/19 21:26 UTC »
DINGER!! Dang spell correct! Lol

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 01/13/19 21:28 UTC »
I found it but it'll be a crap shoot to figure it out very well. That darker color is going to be tough without having a better picture than what I found.

I'm thinking that watermelon green with a tiny shot of yellow will get the top color close. There's some medium black and green flake in it. The bottom could be a heavier smoke or it could be a heavier green pumpkin brown with medium purple flake. It is a laminate and will have to be done either hand pouring one color in half the mold and injecting the other color or by using a twin injector.

Offline BassinBrian

• Minnow
« Reply #5 on: 01/13/19 23:45 UTC »
Thanks for your reply! I’m new to this! I have a twin injector, I’ll try you suggestion. It’s been a bear to match so far. On the other hand I’ve made some decent looking sinko’s. Thanks for the input!

Online Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/14/19 06:19 UTC »
Yes it is hard to guess by the picture. Maybe a brown craw color with black and blue flake on the darker side. Welcome aboard BassinBrian.
Need to take MikeJ's advice and seperate the two colors to get a good look at each, then match accordingly.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/14/19 08:17 UTC »
Another member here suggested cutting a thin slice from the center on a bait and studying the two colors against a light for help in identifying colors. That's a great tip if you have extra baits. From a computer monitor about all well can do is guesstimate what colors you have in a bait because all monitors show color differently. The under-side color is a doozie and I can see it being smoke and I can see it as a transparent brown, or a crawfish brown as Lines suggested. You need to know what the base color of that laminate is, so hopefully you'll have an extra bait to study or you'll have to wing it. Heading off into the great un-known though has created some pretty darned nice looking baits that hammer fish!

Online Walking Dead

• Kicker
« Reply #8 on: 01/14/19 10:34 UTC »
A request from someone? Get close with the tips given, name it (yours) and fish it.  At Yum’s price of $2.99 you have to wonder if the angst of being off a shade is worth it.

Online ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #9 on: 01/14/19 12:38 UTC »
I've been back to Yum's worm page and this color several times. I'm sure that green watermelon or green pumpkin will get you very close for the light side. Maybe a tiny shot of yellow or even chartreuse to buffer the green and if I were doing this I'd add a little gold hi lite to that green.

That bottom color is a puzzler but I think if you made a medium smoke and added tiny amounts of brown pumpkin or brown to adjust it you'd be getting close.

Offline BassinBrian

• Minnow
« Reply #10 on: 01/14/19 14:18 UTC »
Thanks for the advice guys. If I get close I’ll post a pic.

Online Fishermanbt

• Kicker
« Reply #11 on: 01/14/19 17:52 UTC »
What about trying Bass Magnet Mustard. Can’t remember if this is a recipe I found or one I modify. It’s simply a 1/2 cup plastic; 13 drops LC yellow; 1 drop LC black; fine green glitter; large black glitter; and fine black glitter. This should put you close to it I believe by looking at the picture. From there it can easily be adjusted to you liking. Some chartreuse yellow thrown in there might work too.  I’m with ctom on the other half in that it appears to be a smoke/purple glitter.