Author Topic: I didn't need it.....  (Read 1851 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
I didn't need it.....
« on: 01/19/19 07:30 UTC »
We went from brown to white yesterday and from the mid-30's a couple days prior to 3 above currently. According to the weather report at 10 last night we came out on the light end of the snowfall getting about 4.5". Areas towards and into Iowa got upwards of 11". I think Iowa was getting dry so that's a good place for 11 inches of this stuff. And it will help keep Kyle from teasing us with open water fishing pics.

How are you guys in S'connieland faring today for snowfall totals? You guys best dig out the long handles cause the cold is headed your way today.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Paneltruck.lures

• Lunker
Re: I didn't need it.....
« Reply #1 on: 01/19/19 09:01 UTC »
Bitterly cold and very windy here. I just checked it’s 9 degrees colder here than it is at my cousins house in Connecticut. That shouldn’t happen. We are in the process of beginning to move today it should be a fun day to haul boxes.
Instagram: paneltrucklures
Facebook: Panel Truck Lures

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 01/19/19 09:03 UTC »
We got about 8" at the three-way border... I'll be plowing after a bit more coffee. 

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 01/19/19 09:41 UTC »
 Calling for 8 to 10 inches here in Ohio. Bring it I'm ready.

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #4 on: 01/19/19 14:01 UTC »
Had 3-4” of the stuff to get of the drive before taking my mom to get her hair done. Spent time at cabelas to kill time and believe it or not I didn’t by a thing. But looked through a bunch of soft bait at different colors. And there really wasn’t anything that jumped out at me.
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline olsarge

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 01/19/19 18:23 UTC »
We just got a dusting here in west central Mo.  Supposed to get down to 5 degrees tonight, 28 tomorrow but rebound back into the 30's and low 40's.  Ready for spring.
I find it incredible that I have to explain to a grown American citizen that taking a knee during the National Anthem is disrespectful.

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 01/19/19 19:25 UTC »
About 4" white stuff here. I'm with you olsarge, ready for spring.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #7 on: 01/20/19 07:25 UTC »
   Well we got our ten and it's still snowing. High of 14 today and 6 tomorrow. The nice thing is Saturday I fly out to Peru & Ecuador for three weeks. I'm ready to get out of here.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #8 on: 01/20/19 08:17 UTC »
-8 this morning so not as bad as it could be. Its still sucks though. Whatever happened to the warmer part of global warming? I sure wish they'd stop referring to 1/10 of 1 degree warmer over a ten year span, global warming as it does little to help when its below zero.

Sarge, Lines, Lamar.....I'm in your camp on being ready for spring.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline TommySkarlis

• Kicker
« Reply #9 on: 01/20/19 08:53 UTC »
We got about 4 inches here in the Waterloo. Do-It might have had closer to 5" in Denver Iowa.  The only thing that was not fun for me was the 3-hour (usually 1 hour 45minutes) white knuckle drive to Al's Specialty in Rochester = It did keep ctom at home so I guess you could say the snow created a net gain!!!  :P
Take somebody fishing soon!

Offline Lines

• Lunker
« Reply #10 on: 01/20/19 09:13 UTC »
We got about 4 inches here in the Waterloo. Do-It might have had closer to 5" in Denver Iowa.  The only thing that was not fun for me was the 3-hour (usually 1 hour 45minutes) white knuckle drive to Al's Specialty in Rochester = It did keep ctom at home so I guess you could say the snow created a net gain!!!  :P
Blessing in disguise!!LOL :)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 01/20/19 09:28 UTC »
Nada Tommy. I was all cleaned out and raring to go. We had out great grandson's second birthday party in the afternoon and then a Christmas party hosted by the medical institution Carole retired from. I had samples to get in the mail right after digging out.

I had a conversion with Mother Nature Friday about a gangly dude that needs a serious haircut from Iowa coming to Rochester Saturday and asked that the heavy snow fall betwixt here and there to help slow this fast dude down. She responded quite nicely I guess if it took you three hours to get here from "loo".
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline TommySkarlis

• Kicker
« Reply #12 on: 01/20/19 09:31 UTC »
Nada Tommy. I was all cleaned out and raring to go. We had out great grandson's second birthday party in the afternoon and then a Christmas party hosted by the medical institution Carole retired from. I had samples to get in the mail right after digging out.

I had a conversion with Mother Nature Friday about a gangly dude that needs a serious haircut from Iowa coming to Rochester Saturday and asked that the heavy snow fall betwixt here and there to help slow this fast dude down. She responded quite nicely I guess if it took you three hours to get here from "loo".
  BLAH BLAH BLAH - Like Lines said: Blessing in Disguise!
Take somebody fishing soon!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 01/20/19 09:36 UTC »
Get a haircut you hippie wanna be. lol  :-*
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they