Author Topic: WTT Baits!  (Read 7950 times)

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
Re: WTT Baits!
« Reply #15 on: 06/29/12 14:05 UTC »
Great idea, Drew.  Count me in.  I think Jason brings up a good point re CCM.  Maybe gave it conditioned on use of a CCM product...mold, plastic, colorant, etc.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline CasterCreekTackle

• Kicker
« Reply #16 on: 06/29/12 14:20 UTC »
For me, if its limited to just CCM molds I will not be able to enter. Ive got about 50 molds but only 5 of them are CCM molds and they are single cavity. I really dont have the time to shoot up say 100 baits with a single cavity mold.

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 06/29/12 15:25 UTC »
I think we need to accommodate the numbers for those of us with single CCM cavity molds. I don't see the reason why the CCM site would want to invest in supporting other molds (but I'm a marketing...Return on Investment kind of guy!).

How about for every bag of baits you submit...you get one back? Maybe give some thought to what a "bag" is for each bait based upon the amount of plastic and the amount of effort.

Bag of Mad Dad 3xl= 6 baits
Bag of Wittle Wutz it w/o eyes =6 baits
Bag of Wittle Wutz it's with eyes= 4 baits
Bag of Laminate WWutz it w eyes= 3 baits
Bag of 2.5 Swim Frys = 8 baits (easy to do with an 8 cavity mold)
Bag of 7" Ribbed Ribbon Tails= 4 baits (easy to do with a two cavity mold)

so if I send a bag of Mad Dads (6 baits) and a Bag of 2.5" Swim Frys I get back 2 bags of pot luck....

Just put your initials on the bag...so you don't get back your own stuff!

Whomever organizes the swap gets to be the judge on what a "bag" is based upon the amount of plastic and the amount of work.

But keep the "bag" size small....I want to participate but if a bag of Mad Dads is 12..I'm only going to be able to make a bag or two. I want to try as many different types of baits as I can....so I'd rather send in two bags of six...than one bag of 12 ....and get back only one bag of something. ......Make sense???

" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
WTT Baits!
« Reply #18 on: 06/29/12 15:56 UTC »
Sounds like Andy should head this deal. 

Offline CasterCreekTackle

• Kicker
« Reply #19 on: 06/29/12 16:09 UTC »
Here is a link to the one they did before:

http://www.caneycreekmolds.net/index.php?topic=89.msg365#msg365

Im just throwing my 2 cents out there but Ive done atleast 10 of these on another forum and this is how we did it:

Bait Swap, July, 2012

Signup Period will be June 29 - July 6th
Post in this thread to signup..

On July 7th, we'll know how many folks have signed up, So---
Get the baits made and ship them to me with a postmark no later than July 20.

As soon as I receive them all, I will sort them out & ship them back out to you approximately July 27.

That gives you 1 week to signup, and then 2 weeks to make and ship the baits...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Make one bag of baits for EACH person that signs up, including YOURSELF. For example, if 10 people are on the list of signees, make 10 bags. You will get one bag of your own baits back. This just makes it easier to sort bags when it is time to ship them back to you.

Put your name on EACH bag of baits you send. If you write directly on the bait bag with a marker, it is best to use clear tape over your name so it won’t smudge.

(THIS WAY)
You can send whatever you want to Swap, as long as it is fishing lures and is swappable. Most folks like to put about 5 or 6 lures in each bag, but it will always depend on the type of lure or size of lure you are sending. If you are sending tiny baits, send the equivalent of 5 or 6 larger lures such as swims or frogs or worms, etc.
Mix or Match in each bag if you desire. It’s okay to use worm oil if you want to, but please don’t send leaky bags, a little dab’ll do ya’...

(OR THIS WAY)

This will be a full pack Bait Swap....8 baits per bag....
As long as all baits are the same in individual bags, I see no reason that we couldn't make several type baits to send. For example; 6 bags of worms & 6 bags of toads...

Bottom line, use common sense. PLEASE...

The Flat Rate Padded Envelopes work good, lots more room for the same price as the small boxes. Just be sure to tape them good.

Include $5 for shipping--either Cash, or Pay Pal (Personal), or a $5.30 stamp from the Post Office, or a CCM Gift Certificate...
International Rates will be higher, but can, and will be, figured out...

If you have any questions, please post them here, or send me a PM...

Ship To:
Host Name Goes Here
« Last Edit: 06/29/12 16:45 UTC by CasterCreekTackle »

Offline andrewlamberson

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 06/29/12 16:10 UTC »
Too much travel planned over the next few months! ;D
" You can't buy happiness...But you can buy fishing gear...and that's kind of the same thing"

Offline TheDreamer

• Lunker
    • CBBD
« Reply #21 on: 06/29/12 17:17 UTC »
This post has EXPLODED! :o

I'm going to post a new topic called: "BAIT SWAP"
Inside this topic please post if your in and what mold you will be shooting, lets try not to double up on baits.
Seeing how Jason is not making it CCM only required this allows everyone to participate.
Going to leave the topic open for exactly ONE WEEK, then I will total the members for the swap and make sure we do not have duplicate baits throughout. Once all members/molds are totaled out I will make the judgement on quantity depending on the mold this way everyone will make out in the end.