Author Topic: The best lure scent - if nobody comments to any of my posts - no details  (Read 5145 times)

Offline MarkGuru

• Minnow
Everyone has read about the best lure scent.

All a secret formula. NOT! I read all the patents and made sense of the $20 dollar word to common products that you can buy at a reasonable cost. Oh, and where

Salt - is well known - but does not mix with oil - what do you store your soft plastic baits in?

Garlic commonly known

What is missing?

You can have the best bait (color etc.) in the world, but it takes the right Gustatory to keep the fish to hold on. (Hey I will reply when I get some replies / feedback)

After searching many patents (for your own use is okay) I found the neurotransmitter.

That means do you really think fish in water taste food the same way that humans do?

The information / research says that fish will eat and swallow bait with flavor as long as it has a "neurotransmitter", basically a connection for the nerves of fish to smell. I seems that like human touch, fish smell and they need something to transmit the smell so they know it is food.

Hope I get some replies and I will provide the patent number and the common terms and how to make the best fish scent in the world.

By the way for your own use as it is probably a patent infringement if you try to sell it.

Best Regards

MarkGuru

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
Hi Mark,

I'll bite. What's the secret?

Jason

Offline mikolay87

• Yearling

Offline ghostbaits

• Lunker
    • Home of Ghost Baits: Hand poured and Hand injected soft plastics
WD-40 is the best actually!!! I can give you the patent number....

Jim

Offline nbarnych

• Kicker
Wd 40? For scent? Is that what some of these companies are using in the secret formula?

Why????

Offline ghostbaits

• Lunker
WD-40 is a fish attractant. Under their patent, it is explained that WD will also attract fish.

I doubt that is what companies are using as a "secret" formula but I can testify that it works.

Jim

Offline nbarnych

• Kicker
How is it applied?? Sprayed through thin straw, poured from big jug and mixed into cooking plastic?

I will give it a try...any tips??

Offline ghostbaits

• Lunker
Add it to your baits AFTER you bag them up. Just a little goes a long way. you can just spray it from your bottle.

Jim

Offline t-billy

• Kicker
 Yup. Lake Erie walleye guides have been using wd-40 for years. I've never tried it myself. I add MF crawfish worm oil when I bag my baits & spray em with Bang pure craw while fishing. I don't know if it gets me bit more,but they sure hang on a long time.
« Last Edit: 03/01/11 19:42 UTC by t-billy »
A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Offline ghostbaits

• Lunker
Well?????????? What gives??? No details or was this and the other topics just a spoof???

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Jim

Offline nbarnych

• Kicker
You said it ghost...what gives!! We posted, we want the goods...

Offline Underdog

• Kicker

Offline ghostbaits

• Lunker
Spam scam!!!!!! I have seen this exact post with the same misspelled words on many fishing forums now.....

Jim