Author Topic: Susquehanna River Flats Striper Fishing tomorrow  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Jeff Little

• Keeper
It's been years since I've targeted these fish.  Some of them clear 50 inches.  I injected some 7 inch Wutz Its, putting some of them on a 3/4 oz stand up head, another on a homemade chatterbait, one on a Draggin Head, and one on a huge double armed twin spin spinnerbait I made for musky fishing.  I hope they are eating!  Some of the recent reports are that it's been slow, but that just means I didn't hear the report "Woah, you should have been here last week!"  Seems like this place is on then it's done.  Hasn't been on yet, so I hope it is tomorrow!

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
Re: Susquehanna River Flats Striper Fishing tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: 04/14/13 20:58 UTC »
Sweet, hope that striped hog shows up. Post some pics of your baits I would love to see em

Offline Jeff Little

• Keeper
Re: Susquehanna River Flats Striper Fishing tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: 04/17/13 18:15 UTC »
No striper yet.  Got two largemouth on a Caney Creek Craw in the marina, ventured out probing the edges of a channel with a 7 inch Wutz It on a 1 oz Chatterbait.  The wind got bad, and I went in.  Moved upstream to where I knew some shad were, and caught about 50 of them in three and a half hours.  They were hitting chartreuse Stinger Wutz Its on a 3/32nd oz worm nose jig head painted black.  Going back this weekend with the kids.