Author Topic: Moose in Iowa??  (Read 388 times)

Online Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
Moose in Iowa??
« on: 11/14/13 14:45 UTC »
You fellers up north need to start keeping your critters in your own back yard.  They found this guy wandering around the Protivin Iowa area.  You certainly don't see Moose perusing the Iowa corn fields often... weird.

"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Online DF

• Kicker
Re: Moose in Iowa??
« Reply #1 on: 11/14/13 15:23 UTC »
Deer are bad enough, I'd hate to hit that with my car.

Online BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
« Reply #2 on: 11/14/13 16:00 UTC »
I got just what da doctor ordered for that!  MRX or Norma Oryx pills, take one and call me in the mornin'.

We'll take that one off Yawls' hands there, Jerry Sir.
...I read about some squirrely guy who claims he just don't believe in fightin'...and I wonder just how long the rest of us can count on being free.
...I went Numb when I learned to See.
...The further a society drifts from the Truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

Online BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ejga4kJUts
« Reply #3 on: 11/14/13 16:04 UTC »
Cochon De Lait like You've NEVER seen!  Need a BobCat for a Fork!
...I read about some squirrely guy who claims he just don't believe in fightin'...and I wonder just how long the rest of us can count on being free.
...I went Numb when I learned to See.
...The further a society drifts from the Truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 11/14/13 18:01 UTC »
Bobcat won't do it.

I've seen these guys after being hit up at the cabin. They generally bring in two flatbed trucks. One for the vehicle and the other for the carcass going to the locker. Up here if you hit you get to keep it. The vehicles are usually totaled. The one in the pic looks to be about 900 to 1000 pounds.

Online MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/14/13 18:05 UTC »
We get em from time to time in Missouri . The conservation dept said they get  some brain malfunction and the just start walking and will walk until they die (odd) they are  very cool animals!

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/14/13 18:28 UTC »
Brain worm Mo. Bad stuff. Minnesota has cancelled any more immediate moose seasons due to dwindling numbers, in large part due to the worm infestation. Now Iowa is stealing them. Nice.

About ten years ago a friend went to Canada moose hunting and popped a dandy. He brought it home and to a locker for cutting and packaging. His wife didn't like the way it "smelled" while cooking so she made him get rid of it. I paid him what the locker costs were and got the whole critter. That's some darned good chewing. My buddy's wife is still carping about the head in their living room.
« Last Edit: 11/14/13 18:31 UTC by ctom »