Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
Black Friday
« on: 11/30/13 12:15 UTC »
Well, our Annual Black Friday Minnow Fishing Trio On Clear Lake is over.  There were six of us this year in two boats.  We met at Granzella's for breakfast and Tony and I had a spirited conversation about Bare Naked underwear from Duluth Trading Company.  The conversation ended with me telling him he sang soprano and also needed Plumber's Butt T-shirts.  I showed him.

We were on the water at 7:15 with the sun just starting to rise over the hills...about 35 degrees and no wind and not a cloud in the sky.  Water temp was a warm 55 degrees.  It was a bluebird weather day... all bad omens for good minnow fishing.

Dick was up front, Mike at the back and me in the middle.  We spent a long time talking because the fish weren't cooperating.  It was the first time I met Mike...interesting guy.  He worked in the movie industry as a cameraman for 35 years and he had a ton of stories.  Costner, Cruise, Connery, de Niro, Duvall, Dreyfus...Close Encounters, Thunder Road, Tender Mercies, and many others.

We spent most of the day telling lies about our friends who weren't there, reminiscing about past trips and reinforcing new and old friendships.  We got off the water at 3:00 and released the 13 minnows we had left.  (If you listen very closely you can hear a bunch of high pitched little "Thank-You's as you release them.)  Our boat only caught eight bass (1.9, six 3's and a 5.95) and three catfish to 12 pounds.  Tony's boat got 14 fish.  My 5.95 won the $25 big fish pot.

As you can see, it was a pretty uneventful day.  It was also one of the best Annual Black Friday Minnow Fishing Trip on Clear Lake ever.  It's like that each year don'tchaknow.  Can't wait until next year.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Re: Black Friday
« Reply #1 on: 11/30/13 12:53 UTC »
Sounds like a great time Denny. I'm a little concerned though with this..." don'tchaknow". Do you have some of that dreaded Norsk in the gene pool?
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Blackhawk19

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 11/30/13 13:28 UTC »
Sounds like a great day!!
Proud Member Of The Southeast Asia War Games Team 67/68
If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter - and unsafe.

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #3 on: 11/30/13 13:38 UTC »
Sounds like a great time Denny. I'm a little concerned though with this..." don'tchaknow". Do you have some of that dreaded Norsk in the gene pool?

Tom...I do that so some of you guys up north will understand at least a few of the words.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #4 on: 11/30/13 14:55 UTC »
Tom...I do that so some of you guys up north will understand at least a few of the words.

Ha ha... yeah, they sure do talk funny... ha ha...
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #5 on: 11/30/13 16:43 UTC »
Eh?
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 11/30/13 22:41 UTC »
Sounds like a heck of a day to me! Glad you got out for some fishing and fellowship.