Author Topic: honestly listen to the safety tips!  (Read 1686 times)

Offline jmatheny9

• Lunker
honestly listen to the safety tips!
« on: 12/22/13 21:35 UTC »
I'm new to making my own rubber baits and decided it was a good idea to share my experience of learning the hard way that 350 degree plastic doesn't feel too good.

so this summer i ordered a senko making kit and was outside almost every night after working injecting my own baits. everything was going great and baits were coming along nicely until i forgot to put on shoes! i had just mixed in the color as the plastic got to temp and some plastic splashed on my foot.. the pain was so intense that i started trying to wipe the plastic from my toes (another mistake) and basically smeared my skin off.  :o

to make a long story short i had a massive blister on my foot and it was caused from my negligence. wish i had a picture to post to reinforce listening to safety issues but I'm sure you get it! JUST BE SAFE! PLEASE!
-Jeremiah

Offline jleach1973

• Minnow
Re: honestly listen to the safety tips!
« Reply #1 on: 01/28/14 15:55 UTC »
The safety tips that are on this site really help.  I think I watched all of the videos before I injected my first bait and still messed up on the first one.  Luckily I had all of the safety stuff on.  I injected to hard and fast.  I guess I was excited about making my first baits.  Hot plastic shot out of the top of the mold and onto the gloves that I was wearing.  Saved me from having a burnt hand.  Made me a believer in the safety stuff right off the bat.

Jleach