Author Topic: CC Croaker bubbles in one foot  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Walking Dead

• Kicker
CC Croaker bubbles in one foot
« on: 04/19/14 06:30 UTC »
Anyone having same issue? Getting a lot of seconds due to air bubbles in the toe. I hold injector for 5 to 10 seconds and have tried cooler molds and plastic.

Offline Walking Dead

• Kicker
Re: CC Croaker bubbles in one foot
« Reply #1 on: 04/21/14 06:45 UTC »
Repaired it with a hacksaw. :o

Offline BassDetective

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 04/21/14 10:25 UTC »
I had this problem when I first starting shooting the mold.  It turned out to be a combination of bubbles in the plastic and adjusting my clamps.    There could be a lot of other reasons which I am sure many on this site will suggest/recommend fixes.  Just make sure to get your plastic to 350 F but not much more using a good digital thermometer (don't use infrared).  Then let it cool to about 320 and inject.  Minimize stirring to minimize bubbles.  I also purge my injector by slightly turning it up over the cup and depressing the plunger.  Air will rise to the top and bubble out.  I then turn the injector into a vertical plane over the mold and let it sit for a few seconds before I inject.

Offline Walking Dead

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 04/21/14 12:34 UTC »
Thanks, I tried all of that but was still having issues.  I found a post where a guy cut a vent slot on both sides of the upper foot and now I get 100% success on the toads.  I do have a small amount of sprue on that foot but that is an easy fix versus trashing or throwing them in the BLACK plasatic pile.

Offline biglewers

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/22/14 08:15 UTC »
You dont need to clamp the feet.  one clamp on the mold will work just fine.

Offline Walking Dead

• Kicker
« Reply #5 on: 04/22/14 14:57 UTC »
You dont need to clamp the feet.  one clamp on the mold will work just fine.
Got that too but I am shooting a number of molds and they all are clamped together, not all are croakers so I have to clamp at various point.

I fixed the problem already with a vent slit cut in the mold.  Works like a charm, now with the mod.