Author Topic: Slim Daddy 4/19/14  (Read 9035 times)

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
Slim Daddy 4/19/14
« on: 04/19/14 11:54 UTC »
I wanted to give Y'all a peak into Next Week.  (as if by magic we can see the future, fun huh?) ;)  Beginning on Monday 4/21/14 a new mold will be available.  I would like every one to meet Slim Daddy, 3.5" This is a design that was brought to us by a number of different Elite Series Bass anglers, and has also been requested by Do-It customers alike.  The Slim Daddy’s natural crawdad shape and small size mimics those smaller critters that call the grass mats home.  It’s slender shape allows it to penetrate heavy cover much easier than larger crawfish imitations allowing you to put the bait where the big ones are.  Although he is pretty small in stature, rest assured he's just big enough to handle a 4/0 or 5/0 hook without issue.  The mold will not be immediately available at the web site but if you are interested please PM/Email me or call customer service to order 319-984-6055, and We'll make it happen. 

Item number 95272 Slim Daddy 2 cavity - $73.50

Item number 95273 Slim Daddy Laminate plate $19.50

3.5 inches long

« Last Edit: 04/19/14 15:17 UTC by Jerry V »
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline Gonzo.ca

• Yearling
Re: Slim Daddy 4/19/14
« Reply #1 on: 04/19/14 11:57 UTC »
very natural...I like 8)

Offline sim

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 04/19/14 18:15 UTC »
Perfect timing -  Great looking mold!

Offline WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
    • WALLEYE WACKER
« Reply #3 on: 04/19/14 23:08 UTC »
Awesome bait Jerry and design crew 8) 8)
May your days be filled with sun shine and you always have a tight line. AMEN

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #4 on: 04/20/14 07:38 UTC »
Many, many years ago I fished one spring morning on pool three of the Mississippi River below the confluence of the St.Croix River. We were pretty much alone until we saw several larger boats coming into the area. As it turned out it was Al and Ron Linder along with their filming crew. It was an interesting morning to say the least.

This troupe of people were there to catch big walleyes and catch them they did. One thing I picked up on was that these guys were fishing jigs rigged with larger plastics and the one that caught the most fish was a craw bait about 4". Right behind it was a lizard bait of maybe 5". If memory serves me I believe it was the old Mister Twister brand of baits. To this day I carry a few larger, bulkier plastics when I hit the river for walleyes and sauger during the plastics bite time-frame. This critter should fall right in line with the size requirements and should do well in water with a fair amount of current what with the slim design.

I've often wondered what those Linder boys could have done with some of this home-brewed plastic tackle. I guess we'll just have to go find out.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline Nordy

• Yearling
« Reply #5 on: 04/21/14 11:32 UTC »
Going on my list to order. 
Fishing, Fishing, Fishing:)

Andrew Nordstrom

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #6 on: 04/21/14 11:50 UTC »
Will there be a claw mold for this bait?  It would look good with contrasting claws.  Would add appeal.

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #7 on: 04/21/14 11:54 UTC »
A claw mold is probable.  There are several new designs that we would like to get out to you before that happens though.

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline Bass Snax Custom Baits

• Keeper
    • www.basssnaxcustombaits.com
« Reply #8 on: 04/22/14 19:44 UTC »
Looks like the gambler bb cricket.  Would be great it the claws were a little bigger.
Fish Now. Do everything else later.

Offline Brent

• Kicker
  • is it ice time yet?
    • Walk on Water Charity Ice Derby
« Reply #9 on: 04/22/14 20:21 UTC »
Nice!!! Can I get in a 1" or 1.5" size? ;D

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #10 on: 04/23/14 11:41 UTC »
that will be a different design, like a cricket or helgramite...  that's on the list too.

Offline DF

• Lunker
« Reply #11 on: 04/23/14 13:30 UTC »
that will be a different design, like a cricket or helgramite...  that's on the list too.
Yes!

Offline Brent

• Kicker
  • is it ice time yet?
    • Walk on Water Charity Ice Derby
« Reply #12 on: 04/23/14 20:11 UTC »

AWESOME...;-) Wiggler or Mayfly larva

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #13 on: 04/26/14 09:48 UTC »

This will be a dandy mold for the smallie angler. I want it as a walleye bait. As mentioned elsewhere, the mold is a snap to shoot and options are many. In this picture the top two I have hand poured a clear bluegill color that's laced with uv on the top portion of the mold so this plastic is visible for walleyes to see easily. The bottom bait has been done in a more typical small mouth fashion with the darker color on top.

What stands out in my eye is that the bottom half of the mold is the vented half and that helps to get those nice smallie colors when a hot colored plastic is used to off-set a darker back color. Even a three color shoot-thru -the-middle is doable without any headaches.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #14 on: 04/26/14 10:30 UTC »
Here's a three color with the center color, orange, shot thru the top and bottom hand-pours. This has river smallie written all over it.

There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
and may they