Author Topic: ultra minnow swing jig mold  (Read 3034 times)

Offline grady edwards

• Yearling
ultra minnow swing jig mold
« on: 05/25/14 23:47 UTC »
I am looking  for a ultra minnow style swing jig mold if anyone knows where I might be able to locate one.  I flounder fished on the MD side of the Chesapeake Bay and he used them.  I really like the fact it takes the leverage away from the fish.

Thanks

Grady

Online Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
Re: ultra minnow swing jig mold
« Reply #1 on: 07/12/14 07:15 UTC »
I sent you a PM on where you can find one.
Another great feature of the mold I sent you a link to is the eye portion where the hook goes is cut so you can add a swivel to it before inserting in the mold and have a molded in swivel.

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
« Reply #2 on: 07/16/14 10:36 UTC »
If you want to make these, Kasilofchrisn is right on.  Cast a sturdy crane swivel in where the shank of the hook would come out of the jig head.  Where the line attaches, either clip off a hook and just cast in half of it or use a wire eye like they would use in a sinker.  Neither will pull out.

Online Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #3 on: 07/16/14 10:48 UTC »
If you want to make these, Kasilofchrisn is right on.  Cast a sturdy crane swivel in where the shank of the hook would come out of the jig head.  Where the line attaches, either clip off a hook and just cast in half of it or use a wire eye like they would use in a sinker.  Neither will pull out.
I actually sent him a link to someone who makes and is selling the exact mold he is looking for. No modification needed. And the mold allows a swivel to be cast on the rear eye which is a sinker eye just Luke the front one.
I wish do it would make such a mold.