Author Topic: Essential series son of a mother  (Read 8118 times)

Offline Botanophilia

• Lunker
Re: Essential series son of a mother
« Reply #15 on: 12/17/14 01:57 UTC »
Here's a question: why is it that Jann's is $10 cheaper than Do-It?  Is this an introductory price or will that be normal?  Also noted that while the essential series is generally cheaper than other Do-It products, the glitter is more expensive.  Significantly: $3.50/1 oz essential vs. $3.75/2 oz regular.

Otherwise the lineup looks good.  I'm sure I'll be picking up some molds soon... Perhaps through Jann's.

Offline Kasilofchrisn

• Kicker
« Reply #16 on: 12/17/14 02:04 UTC »
Here's a question: why is it that Jann's is $10 cheaper than Do-It?  Is this an introductory price or will that be normal?  Also noted that while the essential series is generally cheaper than other Do-It products, the glitter is more expensive.  Significantly: $3.50/1 oz essential vs. $3.75/2 oz regular.

Otherwise the lineup looks good.  I'm sure I'll be picking up some molds soon... Perhaps through Jann's.
Most companies do this.
It is to get you to buy from their retailers.
Why would Janns bother if do-it undercut them on the price?
Lead molds can be had lots cheaper than buying direct from do-it also.
Places like Barlows,Zeiners,Shark River Mail Order etc.
« Last Edit: 12/17/14 02:06 UTC by Kasilofchrisn »

Offline Edgecrusher

• Kicker
« Reply #17 on: 12/17/14 02:12 UTC »
Jerry do you have a list of online retailers who are carrying these molds?

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 12/17/14 06:28 UTC »
I really like that Do-it does this. It shows me they are good business people.

Offline Justin9j

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 12/17/14 06:41 UTC »
Yes it's a good move.  It protects the dealer. 

Offline Botanophilia

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 12/17/14 09:24 UTC »
I get trying to protect their dealers, wholesale business is important to their long-term success.  It's not a matter of under-cutting their dealers.  I'm wondering why they aren't closer to dealer retail.  We wholesale our products out, we retail them for the same price our wholesale customers do.  I love Do-It and will continue to buy directly when I can, but when it comes to saving 25% and getting free shipping, I'm going to buy their products elsewhere.  That's generally not considered good business. 

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
« Reply #21 on: 12/17/14 10:10 UTC »
I get trying to protect their dealers, wholesale business is important to their long-term success.  It's not a matter of under-cutting their dealers.  I'm wondering why they aren't closer to dealer retail.  We wholesale our products out, we retail them for the same price our wholesale customers do.  I love Do-It and will continue to buy directly when I can, but when it comes to saving 25% and getting free shipping, I'm going to buy their products elsewhere.  That's generally not considered good business.

I disagree, Nick.  Do-It has hundreds of retailers throughout the world that sell their product.  How many of them do you suppose would stick around if Do-It took them on head-to-head and under cut their prices?  We can pay a whole lot less by buying from a variety of different retailers.  That keeps Do-It in business and allows us to save a ton of money.  This (the forum) also allows us the ability to have a direct impact on new product development, a worldwide platform to kick around new ideas, a place to go to for a visual pictureboard of bait maker's works of art (along with step-by-step instructions on how we can copy it) and a place to forge new friendships.  All of that would go away.
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline Botanophilia

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 12/17/14 10:40 UTC »
Again, I'm not talking under-cutting;  I'm talking price matching, or at least being within 10%; which is what research shows as being an acceptable difference most consumers are willing to pay to shop at a certain retailer. 

Offline BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
  • ...the Nut behind the Bolt...
    • https://rumble.com/v10miez-world-premiere-watch-the-water.html
« Reply #23 on: 12/17/14 11:33 UTC »
I noticed the Price Difference early-on in my journey as a Newb.  I wondered why.  Like Do-It has mentioned in the past, they're very dedicated to their distributors/dealers.  I would think that the majority of a manufacturers efforts would be on the, well, manufacturing...and if we buy from the maker, we may just have to pay a little more to get them to interrupt their busy patterns, at the same time we paid more so they can continue to protect their dealers...pretty kickin' cycle of business, IMO (IMO = In My Opinion, NOT I am MO, so please, Mo, know that I'm not trying to bite on Your fame, Bro! Just lookin' out for a Brudda!).
« Last Edit: 12/17/14 11:36 UTC by BareKnuckleJigs »
.El Gnaw.

"Drizzle Spoon ROCKS!"  Jerry V
"Wash Your Hands"  BKJ
".DOMINATE."  BKJ

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premier-died-suddenly.html 👈😎

https://youtube.com/shorts/-I9g2VLfJAk?feature=share 👈😁🇺🇸🇺🇸

Offline Billmo

• Lunker
« Reply #24 on: 12/17/14 11:47 UTC »
Heres my question.. on the molds like the swimshad that are now 3 cavity are they arranged in the mold to be shot as a laminate? Side or Top inject? Anyone know?

Offline jl3140

• Lunker
« Reply #25 on: 12/17/14 11:56 UTC »
Heres my question.. on the molds like the swimshad that are now 3 cavity are they arranged in the mold to be shot as a laminate? Side or Top inject? Anyone know?
I was wondering the same thing this morning. I just haven't had a chance to ask about it.

Offline ghostbaits

• Lunker
    • Home of Ghost Baits: Hand poured and Hand injected soft plastics
« Reply #26 on: 12/17/14 12:17 UTC »
Would be good to see the actual mold and resulting baits from the molds.

Jim

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #27 on: 12/17/14 12:19 UTC »
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline Botanophilia

• Lunker
« Reply #28 on: 12/17/14 23:32 UTC »
I hope Jerry and the guys at Do-It don't take my comments as negative, as that wasn't my intent.  Jerry and the crew have been awesome to me and all of us, I don't want them to get the wrong idea here!  Do-It's new site and store set the stage for them to compete at a retail level; but pricing is set up to push consumers to their wholesale customers which are also their competition.  Having worked in a retail environment in a highly competitive (but friendly!) industry for nearly 20 years, that is not a normal mode of business  (And generally not considered "good business"). That was the simple basis for my question and comments.

I am excited by where Do-It is going w/ this line, and they've been a great company to deal with and I will continue to buy from them as previously stated.  Keep up the awesome work, and thanks guys!

Offline Edgecrusher

• Kicker
« Reply #29 on: 12/18/14 02:06 UTC »
Yes but do it sells far more molds via these channels than direct. If they cut out the stores the store won't support them.

Jerry how is the jerkbait laid out, sorry to be a pain is it laminate friendly?