Author Topic: Toad "Big Foot" Fish  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Jason

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
  • Tight Lines!
Toad "Big Foot" Fish
« on: 10/07/11 16:51 UTC »
Caught a nice one on the Toad today.

Now for the fish stories...

I was fishing out of the Kayak and hooked up with a monster Bass. I got it to the Kayak twice before it jumped off. Almost positive it would have been a double digit TOAD (10-12lbs)!!!  Caught it on the 7" Ribbed Ribbon Tail, Black with a Blue tail.  Fishing in 16' casting up to an 8' ledge.  Hit it right as it fell off.  To bad fishing isn't like horse shoes where almost still counts...

On the polar opposite scale.  Still somewhat tweaked over loosing the big one, I was fishing the 7" Wutz-It and there goes my line.  I set the hook so hard the fish and bait literally flew over me and landed on the other side of the boat.  Landed the fish - honest truth - the Wutz-It was bigger than the fish???

I hope you get a chance to wet a line this weekend.

Tight lines!

Jason

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
Re: Toad "Big Foot" Fish
« Reply #1 on: 10/07/11 17:48 UTC »
Long skinny rascal.  Dodging flying bass was an artform on Lake Greenwood  (So. Carolina ) fishing piers with worms.  Could be 7 lbs., could be 7 Inches.  Load up on a stiff 7ft. rod and away they went.  I allmost hit a retired gentleman who was crappie fishing off his dock with a 8" or so bass out from under the dock next door one afternoon.  
( We won't talk about flying topwater baits, will we :o ).