Author Topic: Powder Paint  (Read 9592 times)

Offline efishnc

• Lunker
Re: Powder Paint
« Reply #15 on: 02/28/15 08:08 UTC »
Fo Shizzle !

HEY... save that talk for the boat!

Offline Jerry V

• Global Moderator
  • Lunker
    • Do-It Molds
« Reply #16 on: 02/28/15 09:23 UTC »
HEY... save that talk for the boat!

Right on Thug... gotcha  Docta !   ;)
"What started as a hobby is now a way of life."  Justin9j

"It's a shame I have to work, cause I really don't have time for it." Shane

"A mind is a terrible thing to waste (or) losing your memory sucks."  Denny Welch

"I wonder what the fish feel like on those days when you can't buy a bite?" pjmc

Offline BareKnuckleJigs

• Lunker
  • ...the Nut behind the Bolt...
    • https://rumble.com/v10miez-world-premiere-watch-the-water.html
« Reply #17 on: 03/01/15 02:55 UTC »
.El Gnaw.

"Drizzle Spoon ROCKS!"  Jerry V
"Wash Your Hands"  BKJ
".DOMINATE."  BKJ

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premier-died-suddenly.html 👈😎

https://youtube.com/shorts/-I9g2VLfJAk?feature=share 👈😁🇺🇸🇺🇸

Offline smalljaw

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 03/04/15 16:34 UTC »
Oh man, you are really going to like the spaying method Lamar and it looks like you have a good feel for it already. I spray my powder right out of 2oz jars, in fact I buy my powder by the pound except for specialty colors and I put the pain in the small jars and then use them. HJere is the thing, I don't screw the gun onto the jar, it wouldn't fit if I tried but I hold the jar by using my ring finger and pinky to hold the jar against my palm and then I stick the tube in and hold the gun with my middle finger wrapped around the base and my thumb pushing it into my hand while I use my index finger to press the button, I'll make a video sometime on how I do it. If I'm doing say 10 baits and  there are 5 or one pattern and five of another I'll lay a large sheet of wax paper in my old boot box, on the bottom I have plain jig heads holding it down and against the back of the box I have a clip I made from a big staple. Now say the baits all have white bellies, I'll do all of the white bellies first, then I put my jar of white down and them in the box I'll put my finger over the nozzle of the gun and press the button and it will blow the remaining powder out of the tube onto the wax paper. Then I'll take the clip off the wax paper and take the weights out and carefully take the paper out and fold it so I can dump the powder back in the jar, I can reclaim about 90% of my powder like that. Once I do that I put the wax paper back and move onto the next color. It doesn't take long as I've been spraying since 2005 so I have it down pretty well but you can never learn it all. Lamar, you can do a colored pearl, use it to make like a blue glimmer or purple glimmer, you spray the bait pearl white and then turn the air pressure up just a bit and then hold the bait a little further away, you pulse a little candy blue or candy purple  on the pearl bait and it will just mist a tiny bit of the candy powder onto the pearl, some real good stuff you can do with it. Great job on spraying now you'll have some fun for sure, keep up the nice work!!!!!

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #19 on: 03/04/15 17:14 UTC »
One question, how do you keep all the jig bodies warm? Do you heat them one at a time and then paint one color, then heat the second one and paint one color or do you finish each jig head before doing the next? I don't think you could heat six jigs and do them without them cooling?

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 03/04/15 20:24 UTC »
Oh man, you are really going to like the spaying method Lamar and it looks like you have a good feel for it already. I spray my powder right out of 2oz jars, in fact I buy my powder by the pound except for specialty colors and I put the pain in the small jars and then use them. HJere is the thing, I don't screw the gun onto the jar, it wouldn't fit if I tried but I hold the jar by using my ring finger and pinky to hold the jar against my palm and then I stick the tube in and hold the gun with my middle finger wrapped around the base and my thumb pushing it into my hand while I use my index finger to press the button, I'll make a video sometime on how I do it. If I'm doing say 10 baits and  there are 5 or one pattern and five of another I'll lay a large sheet of wax paper in my old boot box, on the bottom I have plain jig heads holding it down and against the back of the box I have a clip I made from a big staple. Now say the baits all have white bellies, I'll do all of the white bellies first, then I put my jar of white down and them in the box I'll put my finger over the nozzle of the gun and press the button and it will blow the remaining powder out of the tube onto the wax paper. Then I'll take the clip off the wax paper and take the weights out and carefully take the paper out and fold it so I can dump the powder back in the jar, I can reclaim about 90% of my powder like that. Once I do that I put the wax paper back and move onto the next color. It doesn't take long as I've been spraying since 2005 so I have it down pretty well but you can never learn it all. Lamar, you can do a colored pearl, use it to make like a blue glimmer or purple glimmer, you spray the bait pearl white and then turn the air pressure up just a bit and then hold the bait a little further away, you pulse a little candy blue or candy purple  on the pearl bait and it will just mist a tiny bit of the candy powder onto the pearl, some real good stuff you can do with it. Great job on spraying now you'll have some fun for sure, keep up the nice work!!!!!
Thanks. I'm slowly learning. You inspired me to do this with the lures you make. Thanks for sharing all you do.