Author Topic: baking powderpainted jigs  (Read 15670 times)

Offline Denny Welch

• Lunker
    • Believe Baits
Re: baking powderpainted jigs
« Reply #15 on: 04/17/15 21:17 UTC »
That's what I was thinking Mike. I can't buy hooks anywhere that cheap. Now, using Gamakatsu and Trokar drives your costs that much more. For a bass jig, thirty cents a piece in the hook is what I've been paying. I try not to use the aforementioned hooks and stay with Mustads and ELBP's.

I use the Mustad Ultra Points almost exclusively for bulk work.  I think they're fairly priced and they're a good hook.  I've seen them advertised in a couple Chinese web sites for much cheaper, but I'm really hesitant to go there. (Not literally, Tom.). Do any of you guys have any experience ordering from China?
Until next time.

Denny

denny@believebaits.com
www.believebaits.com

Offline pjmcla

• Lunker
« Reply #16 on: 04/17/15 22:04 UTC »
Matzuo sickle crappie jig hooks can be found for less than 4 cents each.  But you have to look around. 

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #17 on: 04/17/15 22:07 UTC »
I have bought of ebay from china.  I buy all my eyes stick on 3D on ebay for pennies on the dollar and are great but takes a month to get!  Only one time have I bought Chinese hooks and they were horrible The points were not sharp at all and curved over.  For just a regular eagle claw 570 jig hook I can't find anyone that can beet this guy.http://www.ebay.com/usr/top.angler?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Offline Mike J

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 04/17/15 22:10 UTC »
Eyedo I apologize  did misread thought you said You were making a dozen for less than 5 cents!  I was thinking that's crazy lol!

Offline Kdog

• Yearling
Wishing y'all tight lines and bent wriggling rods. Happy Fishing!

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 04/19/15 17:13 UTC »
I use the Mustad Ultra Points almost exclusively for bulk work.  I think they're fairly priced and they're a good hook.  I've seen them advertised in a couple Chinese web sites for much cheaper, but I'm really hesitant to go there. (Not literally, Tom.). Do any of you guys have any experience ordering from China?

I have a buddy that owns a hook company and he said almost all hooks come from China.

Offline Lamar

• Lunker
« Reply #21 on: 04/19/15 18:39 UTC »
Thanks kdog all your info. is good Will those hooks work in a wirekeeper mold? And do you think the hooksets are better than Aberdeen? And I hope I never find anything from China on the end of my line

The world is global and be glad of it. Even this forum that we belong to is multi country. Trading with other countries doesn't limit us, it makes our trading opportunities unlimited.