Author Topic: Blade baits...  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Cannibul

• Kicker
Blade baits...
« on: 04/28/15 18:31 UTC »
Just wondering if anyone knows of blade baits like the  ZV-5-A casts but in larger sizes?

1 ounce to 1.5 ounce are preferred.

Offline Partycrasher

• Kicker
Re: Blade baits...
« Reply #1 on: 05/08/15 10:13 UTC »
There is no mold right now.

Do It made a mold years ago but haven't made it for a long time.  I have never found that mold but I have some prototypes that were made from it.  Its probably exactly what you are looking for.  I'm not sure if they plan on reintroducing that at any time,  I'd like to see a larger blade mold myself, but I'd probably vote for a different body style.  Different blade shapes other than the "Sonar" type shape work better in larger sizes .  I've played with shapes for decades. 

Fortunately, if you want anything bad enough you can find a way to make it yourself like I have.  Having the compulsion, infatuation, and passion for Blade Baits I have done just that for many many years.  I have made them in larger sizes from 3/4 ounce up to 3 ounces and everything in between.

They are very effective on Pike, Muskies, Lake Trout, and Great Lakes trout and salmon.  I can only imagine how effective these would be on Stripers and salt water species. 

The larger blade that Do It made is on the right on the bottom (under the standard Do It blade)

Marc