Author Topic: 4" and 5" Wutz-It Forktail  (Read 14076 times)

Offline alwrenn

• Kicker
Re: 4" and 5" Wutz-It Forktail
« Reply #15 on: 06/23/16 13:01 UTC »
Thanks for the pics Dex!  Those are nice!

Offline alwrenn

• Kicker
« Reply #16 on: 06/23/16 13:37 UTC »
They shoot well with a nice supple tail.  Not sure of the color though......just re-melts of some green/white laminate scraps.

Offline Dextraction

• Yearling
« Reply #17 on: 07/10/16 22:11 UTC »
The Forktail baits worked very well on smallies.  I caught 76, 105 and 94 in three days. Several were 14", 18" and 20".

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #18 on: 07/11/16 07:26 UTC »
Very nice pictures! And those are some nice smallies. What colors worked best for that bait?

Offline Dextraction

• Yearling
« Reply #19 on: 07/11/16 09:47 UTC »
On day 1, White Pearl with chartreuse glitter... but the next two days switched to Pumpkin Brown with Red glitter.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #20 on: 07/11/16 11:08 UTC »
Thanks, I'm always looking for new colors to add to my collection!

Offline RazorBassin

• Minnow
« Reply #21 on: 05/09/17 08:26 UTC »
Stupid question I know, but what is the difference in ordering with the Lami plate and without?  What capabilities does the lami plate add?  Thanks!

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #22 on: 05/09/17 08:33 UTC »
With the laminate plate, you can pour the belly only. Then take the laminate plate out , close the mold and pour the top a different color. I don't have the laminate plate yet, but believe the plate fits over the belly side of the mold, I could be wrong, but the results would be the same (two colors)if it fits over the back portion of the bait.

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #23 on: 05/09/17 08:52 UTC »
Welcome aboard RazorBassin. Always nice to see new stock here at the Do-It boards!

As Gary mentioned, the plate splits a bait color as long as the mold is formatted to do a top and bottom. Some molds make two sides and the plate is a non-worker there.

Using the plate on your Wutzits you can split the top and bottom, then inject the top side using a twin injector to get a dandy three color bait. The plate comes in handy if you are going to be making a pile of baits but for a few here and a few there, like I do, I just hand pour what I need and finish with the injector. IF you opt for the plate to get your itch scratched, I very heartily suggest heating up some scrap plastic and practice doing the hand pours anyway. This is a cool way to work up baits....try short pouring the top AND the bottom halves using different colors and then injection the third color for the core and tail. Cool stuff if you want to take the time to play and learn, but if you're doing repetitive shots of the same couple colors the plate is your way to go.

Again....welcome to the Do-It forums.
There are good ships
and wood ships
ships that sail the sea
but the best ships are friendships
and may they
always be ......An Irish Toast

Offline RazorBassin

• Minnow
« Reply #24 on: 05/09/17 09:23 UTC »
Thanks Gary and CTOM, I found a video on this site and was about to come back and say disregard the question.  I wasn't expecting such a quick response.  I made my first pours yesterday and I absolutely loved it!  Its literally all I can think about today.  I'm looking forward to getting this mold as I fish a wutz-it style bait A LOT!!!  Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to learning as much as I can!   ;D

Welcome aboard RazorBassin. Always nice to see new stock here at the Do-It boards!

As Gary mentioned, the plate splits a bait color as long as the mold is formatted to do a top and bottom. Some molds make two sides and the plate is a non-worker there.

Using the plate on your Wutzits you can split the top and bottom, then inject the top side using a twin injector to get a dandy three color bait. The plate comes in handy if you are going to be making a pile of baits but for a few here and a few there, like I do, I just hand pour what I need and finish with the injector. IF you opt for the plate to get your itch scratched, I very heartily suggest heating up some scrap plastic and practice doing the hand pours anyway. This is a cool way to work up baits....try short pouring the top AND the bottom halves using different colors and then injection the third color for the core and tail. Cool stuff if you want to take the time to play and learn, but if you're doing repetitive shots of the same couple colors the plate is your way to go.

Again....welcome to the Do-It forums.

Offline Muskygary

• Lunker
« Reply #25 on: 05/09/17 09:40 UTC »
And just to second Tom's welcome, Welcome! Come back often and ask all the questions you have, we're all fishermen who like to make baits and help people. Be sure to look at the new mold "Ripper" it's a winner also!

Offline RazorBassin

• Minnow
« Reply #26 on: 05/09/17 11:00 UTC »
And just to second Tom's welcome, Welcome! Come back often and ask all the questions you have, we're all fishermen who like to make baits and help people. Be sure to look at the new mold "Ripper" it's a winner also!

Just ordered my Wutz-It Forktail!  Wish this was in hand already!  I got a tournament this weekend I'd love to pour a few up for!!!

Offline interceptorbaitco

• Minnow
« Reply #27 on: 05/11/17 20:56 UTC »
I just waiting for a Pro Series mold.  :D

Offline CNickerson78

• Kicker
« Reply #28 on: 10/15/18 16:23 UTC »
Is plans for a 7inch in this or anything smaller. I love the 5inch mold I have. I'm planning on getting the 4inch as well