Author Topic: Let it blow, let it blow, let it blow....  (Read 1473 times)

Offline ctom

• Lunker
Let it blow, let it blow, let it blow....
« on: 06/02/16 21:56 UTC »
Ma and I took advantage of having the cabin open between visitors so we jumped on it Tues., Weds. and came home this morning. The forecast we got here Monday night was for 70's and southerly "breezes", but we were greeted in Duluth to 43 degrees, rain and wind hard from the east. An east wind is not good. Waves of 6 to 8 feet pounded the shoreline all the way to Two Harbors so afternoon casting on Tuesday was out and we opted to hit the cabin and put our heels up. Carole put out bear vittles then we popped a movie in the dvd player for dinner entertainment. It rained and blew most of the night but Weds morning was bluebird skies and a very light breeze, but fog like I have seldom seen the likes of. A 1000 foot ore boat slid past the end of the breakwater without any noise at all and all that I could see was the top of the wheel house which was about 80 feet up on that ship. Eerier than heck.

I fished for thee hours Weds morning until the fog cooked off the water. After lunch Carole and I went back to town....she dropped me at the lake and went shopping for three hours so I can't say I didn't have time to get a hit. The water is still at 45 degrees and about all I saw for fish activity was some small rainbows chasing bugs on the surface. They wouldn't bother with my hardware. Had the water been 48-50 degrees the salmon would likely have been around but it wasn't to be. If trout were around they sure didn't let it be known.

We did have a decent bear in the yard....maybe 250 pounds and looked to be a male. We had deer in the yard several times.

No fish, lots of rain.....still a great trip. Now we'll wait for a warm-up then try it again.

Online WALLEYE WACKER

• Lunker
Re: Let it blow, let it blow, let it blow....
« Reply #1 on: 06/03/16 03:49 UTC »
To bad the weather sucked and the fish won't ready to play. Hopefully you get a few more trips before you have to close it for the winter again. 8)

Online MO QWACK

• Lunker
« Reply #2 on: 06/03/16 09:00 UTC »
Heck sounds like a great trip! How was the wine?

Offline ctom

• Lunker
« Reply #3 on: 06/03/16 09:08 UTC »
That coming from someone who doesn't answer the phone for invites and who never posts here anymore.